Husky 350 ? from the new guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lawn Shark

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I'm the new guy to the site so don't beat up on me to bad for asking this ? just figured I'd ask the pros....
I have a Husky 350 and it came stock with a 18" bar.....i was going to get a 20" bar and chain for it. The man says it will take anything from a 16"to 20"
Q. Is having the extra two inches going from a 18" to 20" bar a big diff.
Keep in mind I fell trees for firewood...probaly sell about 2 to 3 cords a week
another thing is i also have a echo cs440 with a 18" bar and I can use the same chains on either my husky 350 or my echo cs440.

Thanks, TLS.

Hello to all,
I'm the new guy to the site so don't beat up on me to bad for asking this ? just figured I'd ask the pros....
I have a Husky 350 and it came stock with a 18" bar.....i was going to get a 20" bar and chain for it. The man says it will take anything from a 16"to 20"
Q. Is having the extra two inches going from a 18" to 20" bar a big diff.
Keep in mind I fell trees for firewood...probaly sell about 2 to 3 cords a week
another thing is i also have a echo cs440 with a 18" bar and I can use the same chains on either my husky 350 or my echo cs440.

Thanks, TLS.

I think the first question to ask is...when you say fire wood...how thick of wood are you going through???

Canyon

Do you need the extra 2'' on the bar.???

Some of the bigger stuff is a good 24" to 30" in dim. I'm picking up a shindy 757 with 24" bar tomm if I have time. (for the bigger stuff). I've falled some pretty big trees with my echo 18" cs440.....One was 32" in dim...it was a real pain in the a$$...but I got her on the ground safely.
I guess what i really wanna know is; by going to a 2" bigger bar,will it really affect the perfomance of the saw

Some of the bigger stuff is a good 24" to 30" in dim. I'm picking up a shindy 757 with 24" bar tomm if I have time. (for the bigger stuff). I've falled some pretty big trees with my echo 18" cs440.....One was 32" in dim...it was a real pain in the a$$...but I got her on the ground safely.
I guess what i really wanna know is; by going to a 2" bigger bar,will it really affect the perfomance of the saw

I personally dont think so.

I have a Stihl MS 260 pro, with a 20 inch bar...its rips through stuff....and the displacement on it is...50cc.

Your Husky is 52cc...so i don't it should be a problem.

If you already have a bunch of chains for the 18...and a bigger saw coming, you can still stick with the 18...and no problem.

Best of luck.

Canyon

did you say 3 full cords

that's a bit of work, Ive had a 350 thats going on its 6Th year, i like it allot
still got the 18" bar cause i got a 2065 for my 20" saw. Add it up 3 new chains, new bar, spur, bearing...$100+ if bought locally or more. And you will notice the difference, especially when you get into the bigger wood, and so will your saw. Burn that saw up, and ? Go for a bigger saw, sounds like you work hard enough already.

If you have the bigger saw on the way already, stick with the shorter bar on the 350. Less chain to bar friction and less teeth in the wood allows the saw to not work so hard. I match the saw to the work rather than trying to compensate with a longer bar that makes the saw work harder.

Back