Husky 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulDaisy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I DID search but the results are all over the place.
What is the Husky equivalent of the Stihl 361?
What is the same for my old Stihl 026?
I have no brand preference, just like fine machines and think I want another used saw...
Thanks!

Last edited:
There never was a Husky 361.

Edit, now I think I understand the question - the Husky counterpart to the MS361 is the 357xp.

Regarding the 026, it is hard to offer a firm answer, as there are several candidates. I am tending to say the 51 or 55, but there are valid reasons to disagree.......

Last edited:
I DID search but the results are all over the place.
What is the Husky equivalent of the 361?
What is the same for my old 026?
I have no brand preference, just like fine machines and think I want another used saw...
Thanks!

there is no pro 60cc husky saw, the closest would be a 357xp, 56cc
there is a rancher 460, which is 60cc;s but its a homeowner grade saw

as for the 026, the direct competitor, would be the 346xp, 50cc

There never was a Husky 361.

Edit, now I think I understand the question - the Husky counterpart to the MS361 is the 357xp.

That is exactly the question that I meant to ask, and I figured the provocative subject line would not get ignored ;) Thanks!

There is no equal Husky to the 361 my friend! :laugh:

But the 357xp tries to me.

Same as there is no equal 50cc saw to the 346xp. ut the 260 tries.

Just saying, no bias intended, the 361 is in a class by itself.

husky 357XP is 57cc, makes almost as much power as MS361 but weighs more. quad port closed transfer cylinder the same as type of design as 372xp (and ms361 for that matter). This saw is somewhat unique in that it has crank stuffers which gives the fuel charge very high velocity through the transfers and seams to result in really snappy acceleration (when muff modded!)

husky 359 is 59cc, makes less power than 357xp and is the same saw except for piston and cylinder. Has an open port transfer design with removable external covers. Very bland saw when stock but is very easy to do port work on.

MS 361 is a little lighter, a little more powerful, a little cheaper, and a little easier to work on.

I believe that the ms361s that are sold in the US are dead even with the 357xp in the power department--it is only the Euro 361s (also the same as those sold in Canada) that have a slight power advantage. Overall the 357xp is a beauty in my opinion, but just gets edged out by the ms361, mostly because it is a few ounces heavier.
Tim

Thanks for all your replies! It helps. I think the 60 cc size is as big as I need to go, I have no large wood to cut (24" is the max).
-P

I believe that the ms361s that are sold in the US are dead even with the 357xp in the power department--it is only the Euro 361s (also the same as those sold in Canada) that have a slight power advantage. Overall the 357xp is a beauty in my opinion, but just gets edged out by the ms361, mostly because it is a few ounces heavier.
Tim

Close, but not 100% correct.

Disregard the hp numbers, as there are different kinds of hp - and compare the kW numbers:

Euro MS361, 3.4kW
US MS361, 3.3kW
357xp (everywhere), 3.2kW.

Also keep in mind that max power rating just is a "snapshot" of one point of the power curve, at one number of rpm - it doesn't tell the full story.

I ahve owned both.

the 357 feels faster,stronger,and better built. the 361 has those stupid flippy caps and a plastic top handle.

the 361 is cheaper but I like clean air filters better.

every 361 I had made a strange ratcheting sound when cutting.

Latest posts

Back