Husky 394 XP - homemade air-cleaner adapter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greaser007

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share some photos of the Green Weenie air filter adapter that I made for my 394XP Husky.
The saw was given to me by my father, age 87 at the time, 3-years ago. The thing was Filthy and the pieces for the air cleaner box clips had broken, and he had Duct-taped the filter cover onto the saw. ( at one time ).
So after searching through the PVC pipe fittings at Ace Hardware I settled on a 1-inch Adapter for my CNC handi-work.
My CNC is a hand held Dremel Tool with a small burr tip that looks like a round disco ball less than 1/8-inch diameter.

I removed the black elbow which bolts to the carb and removed the little rubber lip which seals the air-box cover to the intake plenum. Next I carefully marked with a sharpie the limits of the material to be remove so the PVC adapter will fit down over the intake plenum. Next I had to provide clearance for the big orange cover that goes over the top of the Cylinder head. Once I was good with all of the clearances, and being able to remove the big Cover I then glued the intake and the adaptor together using Loctite Super-Glue. The glue is thin and bleeds into the space to be bonded. If you read the directions, you must allow 24-hours for full-cure ! Repeat the gluing with as many layers of glue it takes to fill the void, if any. Next, a trip to the local saw shop, Quality Saw and Mow in Anderson, and picked up a new green weenie air filter element and Presto, and nice working air cleaner which will go all day for gathering one-chord of wood.
Enjoy !

Attachments

• IMG_5855.JPG
    IMG_5855.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5856.JPG
    IMG_5856.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5857.JPG
    IMG_5857.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5858.JPG