Husky 480cd chain brake…aftermarket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are kidding right?
You are looking at fitting a Chinese made cheap copy of a 288XP side cover and brake to a Husqvarna 480, by importing it from New Zealand after the supplier has imported it from China and added 500% mark up to the stupidly low initial purchase price and near zero shipping?
Have you asked for a shipping price from NZ to Idaho and factored that in to your bargain find?

In my opinion- spend your own money your own way- but check Amazon Sleaze bay and the like, or buy direct from China yourself and save a bundle.
Also in my opinion- these look like crap on a CD style saw as they are missing a large chunk of the side cover an original would have that not only covers the handle root- but extends to the rear of the air box. The brakes themselves are inferior, weaker and tend to sit too close to the wrap bar.

You are kidding right?
You are looking at fitting a Chinese made cheap copy of a 288XP side cover and brake to a Husqvarna 480, by importing it from New Zealand after the supplier has imported it from China and added 500% mark up to the stupidly low initial purchase price and near zero shipping?
Have you asked for a shipping price from NZ to Idaho and factored that in to your bargain find?

In my opinion- spend your own money your own way- but check Amazon Sleaze bay and the like, or buy direct from China yourself and save a bundle.
Also in my opinion- these look like crap on a CD style saw as they are missing a large chunk of the side cover an original would have that not only covers the handle root- but extends to the rear of the air box. The brakes themselves are inferior, weaker and tend to sit too close to the wrap bar.
It was a simple question. The OE parts don’t seem to be available and I found this via searching for them.
your opinion is noted, thank you.

Have seen the contraption of an 084 muffler that place has? It's a china 660 muffler with crap welded to it...

Yeah not my favourite place to shop- not the proudest example of Kiwi ingenuity or business practice.
Just do not want to see people shell out dollars for disappointment. ;)

Latest posts

Back