Husky 55and51 and Homelites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sac

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went looking for a flywheel for my Poulan 5400 and a rear handle for my Poulan 3800 tody but no luck.
Stopped at one shop to ask if he had any old saws around so he took me back of his shop and pulled 6 saws off his shelf, A husky 55 scored p/c and no intake or muffler, Husky 51 scored p/c and no muffler. I thought if I could Find a P/C for the 55 I could use the 51 as a parts saw. Then there where 2 Homelites one is a VI super 2 complete and I think the other is a newer super 2 missing stater cover, he said both didn.t run but didn't go into details about them. And a MCCulloch MAC 130 and a Poulan wild thing.

Getting back to the 55 are there any differant P/C to get for it to add cc or just better to put it back to Stock ?

Thanks Scott

Went looking for a flywheel for my Poulan 5400 and a rear handle for my Poulan 3800 tody but no luck.
Stopped at one shop to ask if he had any old saws around so he took me back of his shop and pulled 6 saws off his shelf, A husky 55 scored p/c and no intake or muffler, Husky 51 scored p/c and no muffler. I thought if I could Find a P/C for the 55 I could use the 51 as a parts saw. Then there where 2 Homelites one is a VI super 2 complete and I think the other is a newer super 2 missing stater cover, he said both didn.t run but didn't go into details about them. And a MCCulloch MAC 130 and a Poulan wild thing.

Getting back to the 55 are there any differe, n P/C to get for it to add cc or just better to put it back to Stock ?

Thanks Scott

55 is it. Had mine rebuilt by Bailey's this time last year, runs great. The 51 will take a 55 p/c. Both saws are solid and super reliable. Comes with me every time I go to get wood. Mostly now as a backup. 55 has cut a lot of wood!

Latest posts

Back