Husky and "toolless" sprocket change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Man, the person who invented this should be given a big hand and stack of money, it makes the sprocket changing so much easier....

What im talking 'bout is the new (no idea when it came) style clutch that has no nut that needs to be opened, you just put scrench on the slot and hit it hammer and TADAH clutch is open and then you can just throw new sprocket to it.... makes changing sprockets a joy...

:hmm3grin2orange:

I just wonder if stihl got anything like that......

ummmm huh?

I think I lost something in the translation....I remember something like what you are describing around 20 years ago....can you post a link?

I think I lost something in the translation....I remember something like what you are describing around 20 years ago....can you post a link?

atleast all 2xx huskies ive seen have nut on the clutch, that needs to be opened with spanner (or something else), but this 353 has 2 slots in clutch, where pointy end of scrench fits, then you put it there and hit it (scrench) with hammer and clutch opens....

(sorry, got no pics atm...)

I have not yet seen it

I will have to check this out.....as I said the idea is not new.....but then in Chainsaws nothing is new tech and most times big companies wait until patents have long expired and do not bother to give credit to originators of their "new exclusive features"

atleast all 2xx huskies ive seen have nut on the clutch, that needs to be opened with spanner (or something else), but this 353 has 2 slots in clutch, where pointy end of scrench fits, then you put it there and hit it (scrench) with hammer and clutch opens....

(sorry, got no pics atm...)

Be careful using those slots,sometimes guys breaks the "finger" in the shoes, hit the your punch or wathever at the smallest angle to the shoe before hitting to avoid breaking.Husky sells a special tool for removing the clutch on the 3xx serie.

Be careful using those slots,sometimes guys breaks the "finger" in the shoes, hit the your punch or wathever at the smallest angle to the shoe before hitting to avoid breaking.Husky sells a special tool for removing the clutch on the 3xx serie.

Use on Alu or copper rod to the "finger" in the shoes, and hit that whit a hammer, and noting will breaks. ;)

Y'all carry sprockets to change out afield?

I definitely do, along with a piston block, spare plug, fuel filter, extra scrench, and a little chain fixing tool, and files all in an old backpack. Makes it a little heavier, but I have a place to put my chaps and helmet while I'm walking back through the woods. I've been stranded needing something a couple times. Learned my lesson.

Edit:

You guys got pics of this magic clutch??????? I'm still trying to visualize it in my head.

Latest posts

Back