Husky OEM piston China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last dozen or so stihl carbs have been chinese
Haven't seen a china husky part.

A 2165 is old now and could have had any hack turn a wrench on it. The top ends for those are made in Germany by Mahle. You won’t find a saw like that with a Chinese piston from husky. Maybe some of the newer ones with husky branded top ends but the pistons in those are way nicer then anything I’ve seen from China.

I doubt that piston is OEM if it is made in China, actually I find it highly unlikely.

A lot of aftermarket 365/2165 cylinders and pistons are made in China though, as well as complete fake saws (at least fake 365s, I've never seen a complete fake 2165).

At some point it is likely that 365 production is moved to Huskys factory in Brazil, and from then the new top ends (included spare parts) are likely to be made in Brazil as well (at KolbenSchmidts factory there), NOT in China. For all I know this may have happened already?

I know the T435 has been made in China since 2014 but I have no idea what other chainsaws, if any, Husqvarna is making there. And if they are running their plant like Yamabiko, most of the components are made elsewhere and then merely assembled in China, kinda like Apple does.

Also Kolbenschmidt-Pierburg is no more: it's now simply named Rheinmetall Automotive. Older casts may still bear the KS brand but the trend is towards removing them.

Also Kolbenschmidt-Pierburg is no more: it's now simply named Rheinmetall Automotive. Older casts may still bear the KS brand but the trend is towards removing them.

As far as I know KS haven't made chainsaw top ends in many years in Germany, but there is little doubt that there recently has been (and likely still is) a factory in Brazil that is turning out KS branded Husky top ends - @spike60 likely knows more about it, as he has been selling such top ends.

As far as I know KS haven't made chainsaw top ends in many years in Germany, but there is little doubt that there recently has been (and likely still is) a factory in Brazil that is turning out KS branded Husky top ends - @spike60 likely knows more about it, as he has been selling such top ends.

KSPG should manufacture small engine pistons and cylinder in Nova Odessa (Brazil) and Trmice (Czech Republic). It's well possible one of their Chinese sites supplies them as well, especially since production of the T435 and some other products has been moved to China.
I know for certain Mahle manufactures small engine top ends at their Saluzzo (Italy) site, not very far from one of the two Meteor factories, the other being near Milan.

272 and 288 top ends are now coming from the KS plant in Brazil; have been for a couple years now. Pretty much all that remains for 200 series top ends other than the 61 and a few 254 kits that are supposedly still in inventory here in the US.

As for the OP's question, that piston is not original to the saw for sure. It's been 8-9 years already since they even made 2165's. @westcoaster90 is right that someone stuck an AM piston in there at some point in time.

Whole 'nother topic, but there is so much of that going on out there. Gotta be careful when buying used saws.

As for the OP's question, that piston is not original to the saw for sure. It's been 8-9 years already since they even made 2165's. @westcoaster90 is right that someone stuck an AM piston in there at some point in time.

Thanks for stepping in to clarify things!

If the OP (@woodfarmer) posted the serial number it would be easy enough to determine exactly how old the saw is - it could even be about 20 years old, for all we know.

@woodfarmer , Yes, we were all assuming that the piston came out of the saw. Thanks for posting that. I jumped into the Husky site and entered the old number, and it superseded up to the one in your pic. And the price did not go down, if anyone is wondering.

If that piston isn't in the saw yet, can you look on the inside and see if it is made by mahle or any other markings?

Gonna go key in some other numbers and see if this is a trend. They will all have different part numbers like this one did if they are sourced somewhere else.

Just a couple different part numbers. 346NE, 359. No way to tell what it means without ordering them, so no need to jump to conclusions. Plus, if they are made by a Mahle facility in China then they should be good quality. Hardly think they are going to be just re-boxing the cheap stuff.

lots of "oem" husq parts are being made in china...
china CAN make high quality parts....
they produce parts to the specs wanted... the better quality the higher the price...
as in "oem" spec parts made for oem by a producer in china.. not uncommon..

Latest posts

Back