Husky serial numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

314epw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are the first 2 numbers of the serial number the year? If so how do you get the right manuals.When you go to get the manuals,there are different ones for the same year.How do you know which is which?
Ed

I think Mange here would be the man to ask about this. but yes, the first two numbers are the year, then the week, followed by something or another that I forgot.

spike60 said:
Yes, the first 2 numbers are the year. Also, the next 2 are the week of that particular year.

im not quite sure how that works out, the first 2 numbers on a 371 i have are 63, and a 394 is 62. they most likely do decode to something, because they do look about 1 year apart.

The husky serial numbers have changed a couple times over the years. My old 55 rancher has a serial number something like 95679708 (example) 89 model year

And like Ben said, the newer stuff, 63 08 90 798009 04 xxxx

The year is in the 04 that would be the first two digits on the left of the second line. Make sense??

I don't understand it either. lol.

I'll get you actual serial numbers later for a better example

-Steve

Yes, they have changed a lot.
Up to sometime in the beginning of 60's and 70's there is no logic reason for the serial.
During the 80's the first number indicate the year.
They have had series with saws / models that had full year stamped of and on during the 80's too. In the beginning of the 90's they ran in troubble as it was a single number, as you figured out only works for 10 years, there was a bit of panik and bigger plates with fill years were made.

This is not a rule, it is more of a vage indication.
Their system changed too much and too often.

Latest posts

Back