Husky small mount bars.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its definately preferable to have the right bar mount, but bar wieght is important for sure. When l put a 14" light picco bar on a 555 it almost felt like it had no b/c, but it wanted more chain. So l modded the nose sprocket to run standard 3/8. l don't run to many silly setup's like that anymore and try to get correct bar mounts to begin with. But these new age light bars are great, some are not so light. Nothing wrong with laminated bars either, often they can be the best option.

Absolutely right. I've used a bunch of those husky laminated bars over the years. A recent batch that lasted poorly made me look for a better option.
I'm not sure there is one, but there are situations where it is worth compromising on weight or price.
Most of the time I get jobs where I do similar trees for days or weeks. It'll be all olive, or pine, cork elm, acc longifolia, etc. mostly I decide the bar and chain that will do the job and choose the lightest power head. It's amazing how often it's a 16" bar and sub 50cc saws. Although with anything that needs poisoning I'll have a bigger saw for stumping cuts.

Back