Husky update school

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went to the Husky update school today and I thought I'd pass along a few things that you guys may find interesting. These events can often be pretty stale, but Husky did a job that was far above the norm.

The scoop on some of the new models:

240-- 1st in the new family of saws priced where the 137/142's are now. It will be made in the US, but is a Swedish design, not a re-baged Poulan. 38cc, 10.4 lbs. And it is an X-torq/ strato charged motor. Can't get 'em yet.

445-- 1st in a new 400 series family of saws smaller than the 455/460. 45cc, 11 lbs. X-torq. Retail is supposed to be $299. Also, can't get 'em yet.

390-- They said very little about it other than it is 88cc and it's already backordered!

455E-- The no tool, (no brain?), chain adjuster actually looks pretty good, but who knows how it will work in different conditions. The saw can be ordered either way, so there is a choice to be made.

460-- They have been out for a while and the word from a lot of guys is that it just blows away the 455 by a whole lot more than the few cc's would suggest.

The 372 rumour, is just that, a rumour. We were told that the 372 will not be coming back for another encore.

Therer was no mention of any other models disappearing.

Other stuff: There are already some orange back packs from Red Max. They may have either a Husky motor or a Red Max motor.

A service issue that has come up in probably a thousand threads so far: Fuel Lines. The problem was not enough UV stuff in the formulation of the line. The "stuff" is hydrogenated nitrile. It wasn't a fuel problem, but new EPA requirements that fuel lines not "breath" as much. A lot of manufactures have had similar problems, and not just 2-cycle. The new and improved fuel line starts with a date code of 06 W32/B. (32'nd week of 06). The date code is right on the fuel line. No, you can't walk in to a store and just want a new fuel line, but if you have a failure, you want to get the right stuff.

Lunch, (always an integral part of these meeting for us guys), was probably OK for the first half of the guys, but the buffet ran out and the Holiday Inn folks didn't replenish the trays for us guys near the end of the line. By the time the last guys went through the buffet table resembled one of those antelope carcasses on animal planet after the lions are finished with it. I didn't get desert, so Husqvarna owes me a piece of chocolate cake.

spike60

No more 500 series saws I spoke to a Husky rep (not a dealer a Husky Rep) at a lumberjack show and he said they were replacing the present line (over a period of years) with 400 and 500 series saws. All of which would be X-torq/ strato charged motors.

Latest posts

Back