Husqvarna 2100 manual oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snobdds

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully been able to fix the manual oil pump line that runs from the side of the manual pump housing, through the tank, and into a fitting at the front of the saw. Everything is replaceable except this one line inside the tank. I see no way of fixing this without splitting the gas/oil tank, and that seems like it will never seal up again.

I don't see why Husqvarna would make something that is impossible to fix...

If I am missing something, please enlighten me.

Didn't know they had an oil line going from the tank- i have had to replace the rubber ring on the end of the hand pump so you dont get gas and oil mixing together- on the side of the bottom of the tank there is a little plate, not sure what it's function is but had to fix a leaky one once- if I remember corectly it had a coul of ball vaves in it and O rings.

How exactly did you arrive at the point of needing to get in there to replace this line? I am yet to ever find one failed- but I guess if stored for a long while with the cap off and open to the atmosphere it could disintegrate?
I am sure on here somewhere there are posts regarding splitting the tank and fining something that would seal it back up again- can remember reading it. From memory it was not easy to find a product capable of sealing the joint back up.
Might be easier to find a parts saw with a dead ignition?

How exactly did you arrive at the point of needing to get in there to replace this line? I am yet to ever find one failed- but I guess if stored for a long while with the cap off and open to the atmosphere it could disintegrate?
I am sure on here somewhere there are posts regarding splitting the tank and fining something that would seal it back up again- can remember reading it. From memory it was not easy to find a product capable of sealing the joint back up.
Might be easier to find a parts saw with a dead ignition?

To be honest, I have no idea if it's bad or not. I can't see it. The original tank had a broken handle and the new (used) tank seems good. I was just wanting to replace it due to it being 40 years old.

It's one of those things, if your doing a full resto, you fix everything.

In order to "fix" something that isnt broke- you are looking to open up a whole other can of worms that might render a good secondhand tank into two useless halves- IF it comes apart as two whole halves and not snap.
It is not a rubber line that can perish- so doubt very much it needs replaced.

oh, I'm not splitting the tank. I was just seeing if there has been anyone in 40 years that had to replace it and found a way to replace it without splitting the tank.

I guess I'll just hope it's good.

Latest posts

Back