Husqvarna 240, any good ? Some amateur questions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainik

Reaction score
Hello folks.

I think it may be my first post here, although i've been registered and actively lurking for some time now.
I have registered to research my options for a homeowner saw, but never posted any questions due to a long story, which i will not post here at the moment... (fun story, but maybe later)...

So i have one of them newer 240's, not the e-series, one before that.
And, being somewhat tinkery person i want to know does it have any overclo...ahem...tuning potential :D
Chainsaw is bought so no moaning its too small/weak/crap/etc (from me, that is)...

I had quite a struggle taking down three foot ash, that splits off almost off the ground. Did its job, but i was wondering if the saw is capable of something more ?

Also, who (where) manufactured 240 (non-e-series) ? S/N plate states sweden, but you know how things go these days...
What sort of mods can someone like me do at home ? I dont really have a workshop, but i do have tools or access to tools need be...
Muffler mods ? porting etc ?

All of this is due to me possibly moving away to some more "civilised" living, means more concrete less trees (not necessarily a good thing), less sawing, hence i may be persuaded to mess with my saw a bit... Just for academic interest, really...
Also, i hail from UK, there is no more wood to cut, all thats left are fields and hedges only. What they call a "forest" is merely a grown over park by the standards of where i come from... (no, i'm not native to UK :D )

Saw paid for itself already, cant chuck it out, cant make myself to sell it :D You know how it goes with men and powertools... :D
As long as no (insane) expense is involved.

Do i make any sense ?

P.S. Saw is 38.2cc, 14in .050 husqvarna bar, 3/8 oregon safety chain the one with huuuuuge rakers on separate link... Whats up with that ?
P.S.S. My experience with chainsaw is pretty much what i had with 240, except maybe for one summer running some old jonsered at my grandads farm... Long time ago... Very... I was maybe 16 then, so not much in terms of model number it was...

Latest posts

Back