Husqvarna 254xp what years did they produce?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the exact timeline in my head, but I believe 1993-2002 is pretty close regarding Swedish production of the xp version. They have been on some markets until recently though (may still be) - probably made in Brazil.

I the US the last year was 1997. I bought the last one the local dealer could get. I remember him being kinda of mad that the EPA killed such a good saw.
The 254xp was a great seller for him at the time.

I the US the last year was 1997. I bought the last one the local dealer could get. I remember him being kinda of mad that the EPA killed such a good saw.

Pretty close, IIRC, mine is a 1996. My 254 is one of my favorite saws.

Ed

what's expected price i could pick a 254xp up for?

better question might be how much is too much to pay for one of these?

Seen a couple go on Ebay in excess of 250.00...they looked very clean from the pictures. How much would depend on how bad you want one.

I have a hard time believing that it was discontinued that early in the US.

Do you happen to live in California?

I don't have the exact timeline in my head, but I believe 1993-2002 is pretty close regarding Swedish production of the xp version. They have been on some markets until recently though (may still be) - probably made in Brazil.

Looked closer at the IPL lists for Norway and the US, and they both told the same story;

The first 254 one is dated april 1986, first xp one oct 1992, and the last one sept 2002 - when the 357xp had been out for about a year.

Latest posts

Back