• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 262xp early KS cylinder, HDA 87 carb- very nice all original saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I will snap some pics tomorrow of this handsome little booger...

I am going to regret this later......

Early model Husky 262xp with all original KS cylinder and factory HDA 87 big boy carb.

This was owned by a homeowner. Yes, a homeowner.

No, really, an older homeowner.

Piston and cylinder look perfect with zero flaws when viewed through exhaust port and this saw doesn't have very many hours on it at all.

There are a few scratches on the covers here and there, and it is not 100% minty, but I would call it a dang good 80-85% condition overall; just enough marks that you won't feel bad taking it out and making it rip wood for ya! The clutch cover had a slightly melted corner near the exhaust outlet that was trimmed off to straighten it up, as well as the top cover was melted over the muffler as per usual and was trimmed back as well.

The saw is a runner and feels as torquey as a 70cc... And talk about throttle response- revving up when you barely touch the trigger!!!

Starts for me in one or two pulls, has very good compression; I can do a test but since I am at 6,000 foot elevation, no one usually likes the numbers or doesn't think something is wrong(even with the explanation and calculation to correct the compression for sea-level barometric pressure).

These early ones with the KS non-decomp and big HDA 87 are more and more impossible to find, especially with low hours and never rebuilt or straight-gassed.

I am asking $550 pho + shipping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 111
More pics of the good stuff

I found pics of the cylinder over at 262xp day thread and confirmed it is KS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 63
Crap.. I've been buying saws like crazy and I was gonna slow down a little but the time to buy em is when you find em I reckon..

I'll take it I reckon... Check your messages.

seriously..... haven't purchased anything since Jan. I have moments of weakness when I think "I should", but I suffer thru them. :sucks: I did have a little "flutter" when I saw this 262xp this morning listed.

That is all fine and good.... But, you haven't said how many you currently own.....

:)

Wow, good for you Man!!

I have been too much of a sucker for good deals on anything lately....

Latest posts

Back