husqvarna 266 air filter adapter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyheavy56

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have a quick question, I have a 266se and I scored a 272xp top cover, I have a simple plan of converting my stock air filter to a high flow k and n, like the newer saws run. I use to have a 266 with an eliminator kit that came with a top cover, air filter and adapter and I have seen this little adapter on ebay before, but I did a search again and could not find it, does anybody have an idea where I can buy this adapter to convert my saw to a high flow filter ----thanks

You should be able to install a 272 HD filter setup right onto the saw with no modifacations to the carb, you can find used parts through several sponsers and on Ebay. Problem is, like already mentioned, I don't think a 272 top cover will fit on a 266SE because the mounting holes will not line up.

well that is good intel, ok I will pursue a 272 hd air filter, then the question is what kind of top cover can I run on my 266 that would still fit on my saw or is it worth trying to modify my 272 top cover? thanks for the info fellas

You mentioned the eliminator top cover. I have seen them on ebay and they will fit but I don't know anything more about them. I'm not sure if they were aftermarket or not. The 272 top cover will not fit right and I don't see a way of modding it without drilling new holes in the case. You could use the 272 filter and take the stock 266 cover and make a cut-out around the filter,leaving it exposed. I don't think there would be much advantage to switching from the stock 266 filter though.

You mentioned the eliminator top cover. I have seen them on ebay and they will fit but I don't know anything more about them. I'm not sure if they were aftermarket or not. The 272 top cover will not fit right and I don't see a way of modding it without drilling new holes in the case. You could use the 272 filter and take the stock 266 cover and make a cut-out around the filter,leaving it exposed. I don't think there would be much advantage to switching from the stock 266 filter though.

elimanators are aftermarket. snag one if it's cheap. i run one on my 288. i know where theres a 266 with one , workin on gettin it.View attachment 188507

yea paccity that is the exact eliminator cover I had, it should also have come with a carb adapter to mount a K and N filter, I wish I still had mine, that was a quick conversion for the 1980 saws without the high flow filters, I guess I will keep my eye open for them on ebay, thanks guys

As you guys know they haven't been made for quite some time. I tried chasing one down and they were all sold-never to return:msp_sad:

As you guys know they haven't been made for quite some time. I tried chasing one down and they were all sold-never to return:msp_sad:

you can still get the k&n , you almost have to find the saws with them already , like to have the 266 and 2101` to round out a 3 saw 80's husky plan.

Latest posts

Back