• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 268

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here's the original for-sale thread with pictures:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-268.301983/

I bought this saw last year as PHO, fired it up, cut a couple cookies, and put it on the shelf. It is everything Scandy14 said it was, but life has taken a turn and I am not cutting much that requires more than a 346/13" now and don't foresee cutting much that requires more saw than that in the future. So I want to see this saw find a good home. These are great saws and they deserve to be used and enjoyed, not just left to gather dust on my saw shelf.

Asking $300 shipped CONUS. PayPal gift. I am listing it as PHO, but if you really, really want a bar and chain, I can throw in a used but usable 18" b/c. I might even have a usable used laminated 20" b/c, I'd have to check.

It is whatever Scandy14 said it was in the linked ad. Sure looks closed port to me viewed externally, though honestly I haven't been inside the saw. Not sure -xp or not makes any practical difference on this model so long as the right cylinder is sitting under the hood. @SawTroll might know for sure.

It is whatever Scandy14 said it was in the linked ad. Sure looks closed port to me viewed externally, though honestly I haven't been inside the saw. Not sure -xp or not makes any practical difference on this model so long as the right cylinder is sitting under the hood. @SawTroll might know for sure.

If you are sure that a 268xp top end is in the saw, it doesn't matter if the saw was a xp or not when it left the factory - everything but the top end and decals are the same if the saws are made at the some time. That happened for a while around 1991/92 (maybe a bit longer, or possibly just 1991), but then the xp was called "Special". This happened when the 272xp had replaced the 268xp as "top of the line" in that model family.

One that wasn't an xp mostly will be a bit (or a lot) newer. As usual, there were a number of "updates" trough the years, also after they stopped making the 268xp. A picture of the number tag would tell when the saw was made.

The saw in question appears as one that wasn't an xp when new, based purely on the decals (but like the top end, the covers with the decals may not be the originals).

If it has a OEM 268xp top end on it all is good anyway. :)

If you are sure that a 268xp top end is in the saw, it doesn't matter if the saw was a xp or not when it left the factory - everything but the top end and decals are the same if the saws are made at the some time. That happened for a while around 1991/92 (maybe a bit longer, or possibly just 1991), but then the xp was called "Special". This happened when the 272xp had replaced the 268xp as "top of the line" in that model family.

One that wasn't an xp mostly will be a bit (or a lot) newer. As usual, there were a number of "updates" trough the years, also after they stopped making the 268xp. A picture of the number tag would tell when the saw was made.

The saw in question appears as one that wasn't an xp when new, based purely on the decals (but like the top end, the covers with the decals may not be the originals).

If it has a OEM 268xp top end on it all is good anyway. :)

Thx @SawTroll

Well worth the money here guys. Mine pulls a 24" bar through big oak with ease. Excellent firewood saw too. Id gladly take it off your hands if i wasnt already committed to buying a 266se. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back