Husqvarna 288xp from 1989?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezernate

Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna 288xp with 24" bar that I bought used recently. The saw is the biggest and heaviest saw I have ever laid hands on, and the more I use it the more I like it. The top cover has a green sticker on the side that says something like "1689 to 1989 commemorative". I have a small Poulan with a 33cc engine that feels like a child's toy after running the Husky for a few hours. I cut trees on my place for maintenance, and cut wood year round for firewood.

What are the differences between my saw and the ones you can buy today? How are the "professional" saws different than the other ones, such as the popular 455 Rancher, for instance? I know the engine is bigger, but are the bearings different? Cranks?

The saw has a badly faded and damaged top cover that I would like to replace. I am having trouble finding a decent used top cover. Does anybody have one? I don't want to buy a new one because I want it slightly weathered to match the rest of the saw (I want it to look good, you know?).

I live in southern Indiana.

Nate

You may want to post this in the chainsaw forum. Congardulations on your new toy I still want a 288 just cant seem to find one in good shape and I really hate Ebay.

Latest posts

Back