• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
140 compression
(2) 20 inch 3/8 bars in good shape
Runs strong at WOT and idles great. Starts on third pull.
Missing one muffler bolt
Stop switch has the tab broken off but still fully functional.
Chain brake does not work, there is no band, but the handle and lever is functional.
I am not sure what to ask for this, I'm not real sure what they go for. So please shoot me a message with a fair offer if my price does not suit.
Asking 300.00 obo+ shipping.
20140209_182702.jpg 20140209_183111.jpg 20140209_183133.jpg 20140209_183147.jpg 20140209_183202.jpg 20140209_183225.jpg

Not trying to be a jerk, but I would say that 450-500 would be the high end of the range for a nice (fully functional, cosmetically decent, all parts present) 288xp runner. 450+ shipping seems a bit high to me for yours, but no offense intended. Just offering my opinion based on owning one and watching what they go for.
Good luck with the sale!

Not trying to be a jerk, but I would say that 450-500 would be the high end of the range for a nice (fully functional, cosmetically decent, all parts present) 288xp runner. 450+ shipping seems a bit high to me for yours, but no offense intended. Just offering my opinion based on owning one and watching what they go for.
Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate that, i was just kind of going off what I seen on the bay yesterday when i checked. No offense taken.

300.00 obo + shipping?

I would pull the muffler and shoot a pic to confirm that the cylinder is good. If your comp gauge is correct it at least needs rings and maybe a piston. A healthy comp on those saws is around 170psi. They usually sell within a couple of days. The 288 is a legendary saw that people still seem to be eager to get their hands on.

I would pull the muffler and shoot a pic to confirm that the cylinder is good. If your comp gauge is correct it at least needs rings and maybe a piston. A healthy comp on those saws is around 170psi. They usually sell within a couple of days. The 288 is a legendary saw that people still seem to be eager to get their hands on.
Fairly new so i believe its correct. Saw starts so easy, I never even thought about compression being an issue even though it seems low. I will do though.

Latest posts

Back