Husqvarna 3120xp '97 - crankshaft shot!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delphy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

A couple of years ago I bought an old 3120 (1997), meant for milling. So, doing exactly that the other day (BTW: this saw is capable!) , suddenly there was this unsettling, rattling noise, followed by the inevitable shutting down. Plenty of compression on piston. Anyway - long story short; Dealership here in Denmark says the crank/and bearings are shot, and needs replaced. Also, they tell me that those parts for that aged saw (1997) is not to be found anymore.

Anyone has an opinion on this - possibly advice as to places to look, or perhaps replacement parts to use?

Oh, and just a couple of pics...because otherwise it didn't happen! :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• sav2.jpg
    sav2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • Sav1.jpg
    Sav1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
Can't help,slabs look awesome,what kind of wood?And what kind of skid loader is that in the background?
Thanks! It’s Ash - having little left in Denmark due to them being infected over the past 10-15 years, we like to use them for something else than firewood :) The skidloader is actually a tractor (poor pics) It’s a Case Maxxum 5150 4wd, with a Fransgård log claw on the loader.

3120 cranks haven't changed since 1988 when it was introduced. Have them use P/N 503142074 and they should be able to get you one.
Hm, they insist it’s a different partnumber. So - I bought a new saw!! The 3120’s are not sold anymore i Europe (don’t know whether this is the case in the US?) but I got a bargain on one of the last units in Sweden - app. 1000$ - so, I have a 3120 needing a new crank for sale cheap

Hm, they insist it’s a different partnumber. So - I bought a new saw!! The 3120’s are not sold anymore i Europe (don’t know whether this is the case in the US?) but I got a bargain on one of the last units in Sweden - app. 1000$ - so, I have a 3120 needing a new crank for sale cheap

Still have that project saw for sale?

Back