husqvarna 340 partition wall intake replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikedlap

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a husqvarna 340 that has the old style (plastic) clamp on the partition wall intake. I started taking the saw apart today to replace it with the new style partition wall intake (537251302) that includes the metal clamp. I now believe the cylinder must be removed in order to complete this swap.
Can I unbolt the cylinder and lift it up just enough to remove the old partition wall intake and then rebolt the cylinder? Will the gasket be hurt in this process? Will the piston ring get disturbed? I have never unbolted a cylinder before and am very nervous to do it without checking with some experts.
Any advice would be great. Thank you for your time.

No you do not have to unbolt the cylinder. If you unbolt the cylinder the crankcase will have to be resealed,it uses a liquid type sealent. The easest way is to remove the bolts from the carb mount, unhook the rubber isolaters on the airfilter elbow, unplus kill switch wires and removre the whole carb and elbow/masterswich asimbely. all that will be left in the saw is the partition wall and intake boot. With a small screwdriver and needlenose plieres loosen the clamp and work the boot and partition out.I have a 340 and have updated mine to the new style boot. They are great little saws. Here are some video links that are very helpful.

thanks for your help. on my version, it seems to be impossible to remove the partition wall intake without removing the cylinder. there is a plastic lip that the partition wall intake is pressed against and it is too physically big to fit in place with the cylinder attached. i am pretty upset right now about replacing this part just as a preventative thing. we will see how this turns out. thank you for your help.

Back