• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 346 OE (45CC)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I took this saw on trade and told the owner I would help him recoup some money for it. It's not perfect, but I would make a good starting point for someone who wants to build an OE 346. The saw is complete, I disassembled it to get a solid description of the existing problems.

I am not listing a price but will take offers for a few days. I am only doing it this way to help the person I got it from. I have a price in mind and if I get that price, I will pull the listing. I know this is not an auction site and this is not my usual way of listing saws. But this is an unusual situation and I stand by choosing to do it this way.

Just the facts, sir-

it looks as if the cylinder had some transfer and that it was not thoroughly cleaned. I don't feel it on the cylinder, but the evidence is on the piston. The cylinder has a tiny score below the exhaust port. I think with a little work this cylinder will run just fine. It is missing one half of the top cylinder fin, it should not cause future problems.

592.jpg

591.jpg

the piston could be cleaned and used with a new ring.

603.jpg

the FW side AV limiter is stripped out. I don't know of a repair other than welding or replacing the case half. I have a spare AV limiter that I will throw in if you will remind me.

607.jpg

The entire saw has been repainted and the color is a nice match. I can't give any info on the type of paint that was used.

The starter cover has a couple of pieces missing and a small chip gone from the bottom edge.

604.jpg

One of the top cover straps is missing

609.jpg

The fuel cap has a small piece broken off

608.jpg

The top cover looks nice

610.jpg

More-

The bolts that hold the muffler bracket and spike were replaced with a very coarse thread bolt. There is enough meat in this area to re-tap them to M6 bolts.

589.jpg

The fish gill muffler mod (I can braze it shut if you want)

590.jpg

The intake looks to be new and has the 372-style clamp

594.jpg

Back