Husqvarna 346 OE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all nice to see one more Dane here:clap:

Be aware that a 346xpg in Denmark is most likely to have been used by a pro - every day and all day. The 346xp, 357xp and 372/576xp's are standard saws for most pro's here. It is common praxis for them to use their saws for two years, clean them up and sell them. If there is something wrong with it then spare parts are also extremely expensive here.

If you are going to use the saw as a firewood saw then I think the OE is a bit too weak for bucking and I would prefer the NE.

If it is for limbing then you won't find a faster saw. As mentioned earlier in this thread the OE is a high rpm screamer - and it is lighter than the NE.

Forget about importing a saw from the US - that is to expensive because of import duty and taxes. Don't ask me how I know:censored:

The best thing to do if you want a brand new NE is importing it from England. No taxes because it is inside the EU and the price is approx. £500 (4500dkr).

Oh and one more thing. The OE is not without power. This swedish guy is using one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ3kDa0JUWo&feature=related

Stay safe

nice too see another Dane here, thought i was the only saw geek in this country :clap:

Never thought of import from outside EU, it`s impossible with all the taxes, but never knew UK was the place to go.

well, of course I don`t really know how used it is, but your thoughts of pro use could very well be possible.

Can get it for 2600 kr plus fee, 125 kr.

have a 353 from 09, so don`t know if the 346 is an improvement?

Will of course not get rid of the 353

Not this time

well.. it was sold before i could say the word SOLD. But, what the h... seems i have enough saws to make my firewoods
:rockn:

I still want to know where the money goes there...

yeah, somebody here have to make lot`s of money, or someone in the states don`t make any??

Maybe it`s just because the U.S. market is so much bigger than the Danish, so the dealer don`t have to make so much per unit, because off the bigger sales numbers?

yeah, somebody here have to make lot`s of money, or someone in the states don`t make any??

Maybe it`s just because the U.S. market is so much bigger than the Danish, so the dealer don`t have to make so much per unit, because off the bigger sales numbers?

The huge difference does not originate from the dealer level.

A fairly high volume dealer here will sell 500 saws a year. What do they do over there??

don`t know the number, but some off the box stores might sell 500 combined from all their shops in Denmark, but thats only hobby saws (Partner, Al-ko, Ryobi Etc.)

Im pretty sure the Real Husky, Stihl, Jonsered etc dealers don`t sell more than 1/10 of tour big dealers.

But like i said: Don`t know the numbers.

First of all nice to see one more Dane here:clap:

Forget about importing a saw from the US - that is to expensive because of import duty and taxes. Don't ask me how I know:censored:

The best thing to do if you want a brand new NE is importing it from England. No taxes because it is inside the EU and the price is approx. £500 (4500dkr).

Stay safe

Just a thought- Is there a way to get around (or reduce) import duty if the saw is partially disassembled and shipped as parts?

That picture is different here - there is no import duty on saw related stuff, and the sales tax is the same, regardless where you buy from.

I would still only would do it with a saw (model) that I can't get here, even though I would save some money.

Last edited:
That picture is different here - there is no import duty on saw related stuff, and the sales tax is the same, regardless were you buy from.

I would still only would do it with a saw (model) that I can't get here, even though I would save some money.

yeah, that`s right, since your not in the Eu.

But like i said earlier: will still support my local dealer, because i think he delivers the service i need, and by the way, I`m only using my saws for firewood, so really don`t need to buy a new that often.

Allthougt it`s had not to buy alot of saws, since i found this site :chainsawguy:

yeah, that`s right, since your not in the Eu.

But like i said earlier: will still support my local dealer, because i think he delivers the service i need, and by the way, I`m only using my saws for firewood, so really don`t need to buy a new that often.

Allthougt it`s hard not to buy alot of saws, since i found this site :chainsawguy:

Yes, same with me, I spend what I have to, to support the local good dealers.

The only saw I bought from the US was the 5100S - and only because the model wasn't sold here! I "saved" a lot of money on the deal though, compared to buying a 5000 here....;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back