Husqvarna 350 Carb rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShipWreckDiver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been chasing a problem with my Husky 350 for a while now and it finally came to the point where it refuses to work. I've read most of the old posts here and looked through all the usual suspects with no resolution. I would start and run for about five seconds and stall, wouldn't restart without loosening the gas cap but there is no tank vent on this saw as some of the threads talk about. So I looked under the top plate of the carb and after wiping some crud off the top of the diaphragm I noticed one spot starting to wet out again. Wipe it again and see a small hole. It's fixed for the moment with just a drop of hot melt glue and it runs fine again but it's obviously time for a carb rebuild on this thing, though it would be funny to see just how long the hot melt glue might hold.
From reading the threads here there seam to be several incarnations of the same model number "350" and I'm just wondering if there is a way to tell which carb I have without taking it apart to find a name and numbers where ever they might be buried? Maybe from the serial number on the data plate? All I can tell about it now is that the diaphragm plate has the word "china" stamped in it. (how disappointing).

While I'm at it, I also have an old Homelite Super 2 that I want to rebuild the carb on and have the same question. Most of the kits I see are Walbro. The carb plate is stamped with Homelite & tech something but I'm not sure if it is Homelite manufactured or otherwise.

Thanks for any help.

Your tank vent is buried in the rear handle under where the carb sits. You have to remove the handle/tank to get at it.
The carb numbers are stamped on the side of the carb. Go to ebay for the best kit prices.

If someone replaced the carb, then the serial number of the saw will not help you with the Homelite or Husqvarna. Therefore, it is best to get the numbers off the carburetor. The numbers you need are sometimes faint, but always placed on the main body of the carb. In other words, the numbers and letters won't be on removable covers. You can take those numbers directly to Zama, Walbro, or Tillotson websites and locate your repair kit. With Homelite, you can find the illustrated parts list for your UT number to locate a complete repair kit branded by Homelite. A lot of those kits contain many more pieces specific to your carb, like H and L screws. I think you will have to remove the carb to see the numbers, but that's simple on the 350, not so easy on the Super 2. The kits usually don't include the nozzle check valve and some are no longer available.

HUS350Tankvent_zps7f6f6dfa.png

Doesn't seam like the tank vent is an issue as it does run with the band-aid on the carb diaphragm but I poured over several youtube videos on the saw and could clearly see the whole handle/tank section, which didn't look like any vent was in it and no one doing rebuilds made any mention of a vent. Is is possible some of these didn't have a vent? Didn't make sense to me either but want to know one way of the other.

I bought the 350 new roughly ten years ago so I know the carb is original. Does that mean the serial # can work to identify the carb/kit?

dsell, thanks for the info on the Homelite. Where would I go with the UT # to get the info?

I picked a 2004 IPL for the 350 and it shows 2 different carbs.

Attachments

• carb.PNG
    carb.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 350.PNG
    350.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 19
This is the tag on the saw. As usual, it apparently needs a secret decoder ring to make heads or tails of it. I assume some of these numbers are the year it was built. Does anything tell me which carb would be in it. Work keeps making me push this off but my feet are to the fire, actually the potential lack of fire, if I don't get this done.
16470779850_6bef3d840a_s.jpg
Husq350[/url] by Jerseyhighlander, on Flickr[/IMG]
r6t41W

One day, I'm actually going to manage to post an image to this site.

Latest posts

Back