Husqvarna 353 Brake Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Husqvarna 350 brake handle works on the 353? The part number for the 346, 351, and 353 is 537 15 28 01. The part number for the 340, 345, and 350 is 503 85 09 01 .

I don't think they will swap.
If I remember correctly, there is a tab that has a different location.

You are correct, but if you're in a pinch and already have a brake handle from a 350, you can remove some plastic to accomodate the tab opening (provided you have the original 353 handle to see where you have to modify), not a really big deal, if I recall, it just makes the opening for the tab larger for the spring side, (longer range of movement in the return position) I want to say you have to get a seperator for the recoil side of the brake handle too. I have a 346 that I've been running with one for a few years, just never got around to changing it after I aquired more handles for the mag case saws); I believe, the 350 handle is a bit wider too, not overly so, again though if you're in a pinch & already have one you have nothing to loose, just make sure the handle has the full free range of movement for the braking action. Once you have it beside the saw, it should become evident where you have to remove material. If you don't have all of the pieces from the original handle, it will probably cost you more to make the 350 handle work than you would have in getting the right handle for the saw.

The 340, 345, and 350 are interchangeable.
The 351, 353, and 346 are interchangeable.
They are both about the same price, too.

Latest posts

Back