• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husqvarna 357 piston early style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdntbone303

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a very good condition, so not too worn early style 46mm piston for 13mm crankshaft rod end on a 2002 Husqvarna 357xp. PM what you have with pics/price. I may have a good used cylinder to offer in a trade deal too

As far as I can tell the 257 skirt is .050" longer, and the deck height is .050" taller. Also you need to use the 257 piston pin bearing. If used with a thick base gasket you could cut a popup for more compression and trim the skirt to clear the crankshaft and get proper intake timing. This is just spitballing because I have only mocked it up and haven't actually tried this on my own saw yet. A degree wheel would be your friend before doing any machining.

As far as I can tell the 257 skirt is .050" longer, and the deck height is .050" taller. Also you need to use the 257 piston pin bearing. If used with a thick base gasket you could cut a popup for more compression and trim the skirt to clear the crankshaft and get proper intake timing. This is just spitballing because I have only mocked it up and haven't actually tried this on my own saw yet. A degree wheel would be your friend before doing any machining.
That is a little out of my level of experience. But thanks anyways, I have a lead on a used piston

Back