Husqvarna 365/372 chain catcher question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Noel

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Just finishing off customizing my 365/372 clone saw. I installed an OEM Husqvarna full-wrap bar and matching dual bucking spikes. The saw came with the plastic roller type chain catcher. I installed it along with an OEM aluminum chain catcher that attaches to the boss on the saw where the front anti-vibe spring mounts. Question is, since these mount at two different levels, it it a bad idea to used both? I was hoping it would add an additional measure of safety. Curious what yous guys with more experience think...

Todd

Attachments

• 20240316_230255.jpg
    20240316_230255.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Just finishing off customizing my 365/372 clone saw. I installed an OEM Husqvarna full-wrap bar and matching dual bucking spikes. The saw came with the plastic roller type chain catcher. I installed it along with an OEM aluminum chain catcher that attaches to the boss on the saw where the front anti-vibe spring mounts. Question is, since these mount at two different levels, it it a bad idea to used both? I was hoping it would add an additional measure of safety. Curious what yous guys with more experience think...

Todd
Don’t need both

Zero experience; 76 and never had a chain brake anywhere but on the workbench.

Latest posts

Back