Husqvarna 435 head ache

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsshultz

Reaction score
I am at my wits end. Both of my saws are broken and I am needing help with this one. I have a 435 husky that won't rev up acts like it is under a load. It starts great seems to have compression, but wont build rpms. I found multiple things wrong. I lent the saw to a friend and it came back with a bent bar and a no power problem. I found a torn diaphragm in the carb and replaced the whole carb. Still no power, tore the whole saw apart and found the plastic crankcase was warped i replaced that with a new one. Still no power, I can take the chain off and it acts like it is under a load. Anyone have any ideas?

I had one of these saws for a hot second. Constant issues like you describe. Fortunately most were during the warranty period. Clam shell sides leaked a few times, and intake boot developed a tear in it. There was another issue that I can't remember off the top of my head.
Try checking the brake band isn't hanging up. Oil pump/ worm gear could be suspect as well. Oh, check the spark screen for build up as well.

Back