Husqvarna 450 bar oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binthewoods

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’ve got a Husqvarna 450 that’s leaking bar oil, it seems to be from some sort of plug on the bottom of the saw but I can’t find it in any parts diagram and am unsure how or if I can replace it.

A791EEC8-8C15-4CA3-815A-9942BEF3E8F2.jpeg

is that a plug or the adjustment screw for oil flow rate. That is what it looks like to me from the pic. I have a 455. The first time I took off the guide bar metal plate and exposed the oil pump behind it I found the mounting screw was loose and that was leading to oil leaking from the delivery hose. Hoping it is that simple for you too.

I had a 450 and a 445. I was told there was no adjustment to the Oiler.

Both leaked when sitting. One thing I was told here was that when you are done for the day, unscrew the oil fill cap and remove the pressure from the tank. Like “burping a baby”. That will stop the leak.

I got many years of good service from both saws.

I had a 450 and a 445. I was told there was no adjustment to the Oiler.

Both leaked when sitting. One thing I was told here was that when you are done for the day, unscrew the oil fill cap and remove the pressure from the tank. Like “burping a baby”. That will stop the leak.

I got many years of good service from both saws.
I have a 455 and it does have an adjustable oiler. I assumed since they were in the same line and I though all built on the same chassis that they all did. I may be mistaken.

I don't think this is an adjustment screw, it seems more like a plug. I gave the saw to my uncle after fixing the fuel issues with it, everything seems ok except for the bar oil leaking when sitting, I'm 99% sure it's coming from that plug. We'll try 'burping the baby' and see how that works, if that doesn't do it I guess we'll just drain it after use.

I've had this same saw and same problem since 2007 and far as I know there is no adjustment , have changed the worm drive pump a couple times now and always thought this saw was a weak oiler in the cut but great at oiling just sitting around , going to try the burping method myself as that sounds simple enough to do .

I enlarged the oil passage hole in the mating part for the worm pump and it seems to oil in the cut stronger but don't use this saw very much anymore

Latest posts

Back