Husqvarna 455 Rancher II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlhead517

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you Husqvarna guys out there. I just picked up a Husqvarna 455 Rancher with AutoTune. Is there a difference between the cylinder and piston on a 455 Rancher II and the regular 455 Rancher? According to the parts diagrams they have different part numbers for the cylinders and pistons. They look like they are the same from the outside. I'm just curious if a stock 455 Rancher cylinder and piston would interchange with the auto tune? Also I don't see a whole lot of the 455 Auto tunes for sale, as a matter of fact the saw I just picked up as the first one I have ever seen. Just wondering if there is a value difference?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_134835292.jpg
    IMG_20230713_134835292.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I've never seen that model before.
What year is it?
The year on the black tag says 2013. I have been all over trying to find out more information about this model saw and not finding a whole lot. This model saw may have the same cylinder and piston but it is quite a bit different. Even the case is different, the top cover snaps on, not like the traditional 455 Rancher that screws on. The carburetor is a Walbro AT-3, I can't find any information on that either. No idea what they sell for? I'll put a few more pictures tomorrow if it would interest anyone?

You have nothing more to seek. Just go back into Husqvarna manuals/ IPL's, and get the 455 paperwork. Thats nothing more than a big box version of the exact same powerhead. The cover attachment is not different, simply new to you.

What do you seek as to manual data? Its a 455?

Here are a few pictures of the carburetor which is way different than the traditional 455 Rancher.

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_233246616.jpg
    IMG_20230713_233246616.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230713_233418858.jpg
    IMG_20230713_233418858.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230713_233337545.jpg
    IMG_20230713_233337545.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
This saw may resemble the 455 Rancher but there are quite a few difference's. If you order parts for this saw using the standard 455 Rancher parts list your going to have a bad day when nothing will fit. I downloaded the shop and parts manual for the husqvarna 455 Rancher II.

I have a question for you Husqvarna guys out there. I just picked up a Husqvarna 455 Rancher with AutoTune. Is there a difference between the cylinder and piston on a 455 Rancher II and the regular 455 Rancher? According to the parts diagrams they have different part numbers for the cylinders and pistons. They look like they are the same from the outside. I'm just curious if a stock 455 Rancher cylinder and piston would interchange with the auto tune? Also I don't see a whole lot of the 455 Auto tunes for sale, as a matter of fact the saw I just picked up as the first one I have ever seen. Just wondering if there is a value difference?
Thanks
NEVER heard of an Auto-Tune 455 Rancher. But I have seen the decals....on knock-offs. Regardless, you are questioning part numbers? They changed with every variation, of a single model. ALL 55cc Husqvarnas, and Jonsereds, are identical. Different part numbers ID Swedish vs. USA built nachines.

This saw is no knock off, it's the real thing. I have the Husqvarna parts and shop manual for this model saw. The only thing that I'm not sure of is the difference between the cylinders on the standard 455 Rancher and the Rancher II? The parts manual shows that the cylinders and piston have different part numbers. The reason I asked is because I have 2 cylinders and piston for standard 455 Rancher. It's actually a really cool saw, I'm thinking about keeping it around for a while.

Latest posts

Back