Husqvarna 455 Rancher muffler mod ideas needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WESCOMAN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Husqvarna 455 Rancher muffler mod ideas needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,
I need some ideas on how to modify my muffler. Its a new saw but up at 7500 feet I know it could use a little help. Anyone doing or done a muffler mod? Anyone selling a better muffler? Thanks.

Scottr,
That exhaust outlet hole sucks. I really need to open that up. As far as the baffle i will be able to open up the muffler Thursday for a looksee. If I can I will see what I can do with that. Thanks for all the help.

brent denny said:
I have heard (but cannot verify) that this saw has a catalytic converter.

My new Husqvarna manual says that if it has a green gas cap, it has a cat. I can't verify that because I have no cat. and no green cap.

Thanks Scott,
I still don’t think the muffler comes apart. The exhaust exits the motor into holes through the baffle that are around the three tubes that allow the screws go through to the exhaust then out the top of the second chamber next through a mesh screen that is held on by a tack wielded holder for the screen.

So then, where should the muffler be opened up?

At least there is no cat; no green fuel cap either though.

Any input would be welcomed.

There's a new sponsor on Arborist site named Rich Hoffman. I've seen pictures of his work and have met him in person. He's a stand up guy that does really nice work. Perhaps you could contact Rich to see if he'll be able to do a muffler mod for you. Search for his posts to find pictures.

I'll be sending Rich some mufflers after BostonBull's get together this Saturday in Essex Massachusetts.

apart

nate cutter said:
Thanks Scott,
I still don’t think the muffler comes apart. The exhaust exits the motor into holes through the baffle that are around the three tubes that allow the screws go through to the exhaust then out the top of the second chamber next through a mesh screen that is held on by a tack wielded holder for the screen.

So then, where should the muffler be opened up?

At least there is no cat; no green fuel cap either though.

Any input would be welcomed.
Nate , from the picture in the IPL it looks like the three tubes would be resistance or spot welded to the inside of the back of the muffler , then the internal parts would be installed , then the front cover put on and lastly the tubes would be crimped (outer edges rolled over) to hold it together . If you could uncrimp or grind off the rolled edge it looks like it would come apart .

Latest posts

Back