Husqvarna 576 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig27

Reaction score
Hi, New to this site. I think I just got a deal on a 576xp... Saw was only 6 months old & it was given to me along with a blown up 576xp... Now the rest of the story.... The 6 month old saw was set beside a truck & got a reasonable level of damage when the truck dragged it... Initially I thought it was just going to need the handle & chaincover & a few misc. parts swapped out from the other saw. Well the case was cracked up around the Carb etc. So I'm doing a full teardown on both saws to swap out cases too. I think I'm getting a pretty good deal from a Husky dealer to do just the Case/ crank swap w/ new seals & Button the crank back up for $150. The rest I can handle myself. The newer saw was running fine before the accident. It was used for falling trees in a Walnut logging operation...…. My Q is do you think I should ring it since I got it apart or not ? I don't have enough experience owning a Husky to know about the longevity of Pistons & rings.
Thanks.

I redid a 2100 sameway a tree grabbed it. I did crankbearings, seals, ring, replaced the crankcase. She ran great.

Back