Husqvarna Chain (.325 pitch 18" bar loops)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know the chisel type on the Husqvarna brand chain ?

I have four loops that I bought after picking up my saw (Only style availible 'locally') and I was curious if it was semi chisel, or full. I dont have the box to check myself...

Im thinking of picking up several more loops, but Woodsman Pro loops, semi chisel.

Is there a number stamped on one side of the drive links, like 30 or 25?

If there's a 30 it's Husky H30 aka Oregon 95VP, a narrow kerf semi-chisel design that Husky puts on a lot of their .325 saws now. Most people have pretty good luck with it. Analogous though not identical to Woodsman 20NK or Carlton K1NK.

I seem to recall 25 matching up with Oregon's 33/34/35SL series but I might be off there.

New 20 series OREGON chain is some pretty fast PRO chain, replaces the 33 series chain.

Narrow Kerf is nice in lower power applications thats for sure. I only stock 1 saw with .325 chain, thats a 16" dolmar PS-460.

.325 chain

I just put a loop of Bailey's 20RC chain on my Shindaiwa 488 last week. I'm happy with the results after running Oregon safety chain before. Seems to be a bit more agressive.

DOLMARatOs said:
New 20 series OREGON chain is some pretty fast PRO chain, replaces the 33 series chain.

You ain't kiddin', good stuff. The 20 series seems to have larger cutters than other .325 chain. I ran 21LP on a 51 and need buy some loops of 20LP for the new 346XP.

Back