Husqvarna combi can.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So i was shopping at my local husqvarna dealer for a new chain but i realized that they brought husqvarna gas cans like the on below.Its pretty expensive so i was wandering if it is worth buying.I need a new gas can anyway.canistra-combi-husqvarna-50-l-25-l.jpg

My personal opinion is if it is that much you are wasting money. It looks like a crap safety can. Buy a Scepter

Attachments

• 1689203915386.png
    1689203915386.png
    3 MB · Views: 2
just to let you know my son and I have one and the safety spout on the gas side doesn't work gas swells the material and won't retract. mine was a gift i'll not buy another.

just to let you know my son and I have one and the safety spout on the gas side doesn't work gas swells the material and won't retract. mine was a gift i'll not buy another.
They definitely swell in heat. I don't keep fuel in mine over the summer. They are pretty cool cans, but if I had a do over, I probably wouldn't have bought it because I didn't really need it I just wanted it.

Using the husky can with the depress to fill fuel nozzel has kept my saws gas tanks a lot cleaner and cut spills and overflows to almost none, mine came with four filler elbows. Two of the "safety" push to open and two of the twist off tipped as well as two plain caps. The O rings for the valve ti are replaceable, im on year two and mine need replacement due to very slight swelling but I may just swap it to the regular twist off cap nozzle . I have yet to try the depress to pour bar oil nozzel. These have a tube chamber cast in the nozzels to allow air back up into the tank as you pour so the fuel/oil pour well unlike the US non vented tanks.

Using the husky can with the depress to fill fuel nozzel has kept my saws gas tanks a lot cleaner and cut spills and overflows to almost none, mine came with four filler elbows. Two of the "safety" push to open and two of the twist off tipped as well as two plain caps. The O rings for the valve ti are replaceable, im on year two and mine need replacement due to very slight swelling but I may just swap it to the regular twist off cap nozzle . I have yet to try the depress to pour bar oil nozzel. These have a tube chamber cast in the nozzels to allow air back up into the tank as you pour so the fuel/oil pour well unlike the US non vented tanks.

I agree they work well as long as you keep pressure on it while you are filling. The oil parts works well to, maybe a little slow in cold weather. I was always more prone to overfilling the oil tank than the fuel tank.
I just don't keep fuel in it during summer because of the swelling. I do like it just didn't really need it. I don't cuf much anymore.

I agree they work well as long as you keep pressure on it while you are filling. The oil parts works well to, maybe a little slow in cold weather. I was always more prone to overfilling the oil tank than the fuel tank.
I just don't keep fuel in it during summer because of the swelling. I do like it just didn't really need it. I don't cuf much anymore.
I just try to keep it over half full so the weight of the can opens the nozzle :)

How do you like the safety spouts?
They're not exactly "safety spouts".

They're push valves that only release fuel/oil when you shove down on them. This lets you stuff the nozzle in the fuel or oil tank without spilling on the saw, then you push down, the O-ring seals against the tank mouth and they glug into the saw just fine. Release and they seal again and you can pull them back out of the tank again without spilling on/around the saw, leaving only the volume of the spout unfilled in the tank.

Completely unlike the "safety spouts" on modern lawn-mower-fueling tanks/etc. These work a treat, and aren't even slightly annoying.

Back