Husqvarna Dealer's is this true?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PennState

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This was posted on Husqvarna website under the 555 review. RECALL WARNING - BUYER BEWARE!!!
May 14, 2013
There is a poorly communicated recall on many 555 and 562 models involving a design defect with the carburetor and ignition wiring harness. My brand new 555 stopped running after only 4 hours of use! I have been waiting weeks to have the unit repaired but the wiring harness is on indefinite backorder. Husqvarna refuses to ship me a new unit or issue a refund. I am stuck waiting for an indefinite period of time after purchasing a "professional" saw. I would highly recommend avoiding these models, and perhaps Huqvarna altogher given their poor customer service.

This was posted on website under the 555 review. RECALL WARNING - BUYER BEWARE!!!
May 14, 2013
There is a poorly communicated recall on many 555 and 562 models involving a design defect with the carburetor and ignition wiring harness. My brand new 555 stopped running after only 4 hours of use! I have been waiting weeks to have the unit repaired but the wiring harness is on indefinite backorder. Husqvarna refuses to ship me a new unit or issue a refund. I am stuck waiting for an indefinite period of time after purchasing a "professional" saw. I would highly recommend avoiding these models, and perhaps Huqvarna altogher given their poor customer service.

well that sucks,
i'd call the huskey rep in your area and give them an ear full if that did not work i'd call Husqvarna USA

I've been seeing allot of bad reviews on the 555 also... I posted about it a while back...
I.m not fat mouthing Husky's, But after 35/yrs of using Stihl saws with no issues that i couldn't fix myself..I think my loyalty will stay with Stihl..Although I do have a couple of the good Husky's ...372's
I do have a 562 with no issues...yet...

PS: I'm from Central PA...Best Line in State College (in town location) may be able to help you..(without saying any names)The younger fellow behind the counter seems pretty knowledgeable with the Husky's

This was posted on Husqvarna website under the 555 review. RECALL WARNING - BUYER BEWARE!!!
May 14, 2013

Weeks? Is this the same saw you were trying to trade a couple of weeks ago?

Don't believe everything you read; anyone could have written that review. Sounds bogus to me. If anything, Husqvarna seems to be bending over backwards to make good on any issues with the new saws.

Penn State copied and pasted the post from the 555 review without noting. I guess his saw is not giving him problems, though the way he wrote the post makes it easy to believe otherwise.

No, the saw is working just fine. just saw that review and was wondering, I didn't know you could read minds.

The next time you post something like that please cut and paste whatever it is you're referring to. Make sure it's in italics or whatever it takes to let people know that it's a quote. Your post made it sound like you were the one having the problem.

One more thing is that we don't know what the motivation was behind the original statement (rumor)....

There are service bulletins regarding the first carbs and coils, but that is far from the same as a recall!

One more thing is that we don't know what the motivation was behind the original statement (rumor)....

There are service bulletins regarding the first carbs and coils, but that is far from the same as a recall!

No matter which industry we discuss, customer's will never understand the fact that a service bulletin is not a recall.

The saw is powerful, it is the cousin of the 562xp. There is a difference of .5 bhp and revboost on 562xp, the 555 is solid. Used it for the first time this weekend with a busted "16 bar and chain and i worked great. Just got a 18" bar with new chains, so work even better

The next time you post something like that please cut and paste whatever it is you're referring to. Make sure it's in italics or whatever it takes to let people know that it's a quote. Your post made it sound like you were the one having the problem.

I agree it is clearer with italics or quote marks, but this opening from his post.......

" This was posted on Husqvarna website under the 555 review. " (I added quote marks)

.....is perfectly clear, to me anyway, that he copied it. It indicates what was written, and where, and he was asking for confirmation or denial from the husky dealers here. "Is this true" and so on.. I am not seeing how anyone could read it any other way.

Besides that, I have no issues here.

The only spelling and grammatical issues I have on this site are when people use text speak, misusing there, their, they're etc..it is usually decipherable enough. But cellphone text speak..dismal.

|\/| 4 |\|, ! |-|473 73x7 5934|<

Thats why I bought one of the last 2 new 346 xp's at my local shop. Dozerdan hurry up if you want another....Henry only has 1 left.

I will pick it up this week. I need some other parts from the barn.
Did you get it with 3/8 B/C ?

Why would you want one of those slow little saws ?

Later
Dan

Back