Husqy 334T Problemos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesandsurf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a 334T, and just the other day, out of nowhere, the thing lost all of it's power. The engine was bogging and the chain would bogg down as soon as I put it into the wood, and it couldn't get through, just shut down. It was running fine, and then lost all of its power?

This same saw has for quite a while been really hard to start and get going, throughout the whole day. Most of the time, if I turn the thing off, the next cut I'll have to choke again to start it, almost every time I turn it on it does that. And in the morning, the first start-up it spits out exhaust like a beat up mexi wagon. The puppy is sick! And I'm a kook when it comes to chainsaws, only know the basic clean the filter, blow out all the crap every week or so, and keep going! Any suggestions or tips would be really helpful. Thanks

jp:D

Sounds to me like it's time for a rebuild! Take a compression test and let us know what it reads.

If choking was necessary to start a warm engine, your carb might've been set too lean. (More air/less fuel) , BUT
your 2stroke oil is mixed with the fuel.

Result, more heat generated, less lubrication > tends to high revolutions & engine failure.
(worse still if you constantly run out of fuel.)

Suggestion:
a.Use a good quality API-TCW3 2Stroke oil and fuel. Mix to the correct fuel : oil ratio,
b.Set the carb (your exhaust should never burn white),
c.Check the condition of the Sparkplug, &
d.Keep that tank topped up.

Attachments

• API-TCW3 ratio_0101Fb.jpg
    API-TCW3 ratio_0101Fb.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back