Hydraulic Line Protection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywalker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I cut through a hydraulic line in my bucket truck yesterday. Was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of protective sleeve, and where I can get one. I have the proper fiberglass covers, but there's still one area that's exposed and I dont want to repeat the mistake. Thanks

Cut Hose / Line

More information would make it easier to comment . Is this a straight run ? Is it at the base of the bucket and requires slack to allow articulation ? How was the line cut ? Please tell me not with a saw . This type of equipment should be designed such that a person would have to go out of their way to cut a line . Perhaps you need to take a close look at how you are operating in and around the unit . As I said , give a little more info and I'm sure someone will have a workable suggestion for you . Take care .

Does your lift go overcenter? If so the conduit may not flex enough? I use a Kevlar wrap made by Parker to protect hoses. It works pretty good from what I've seen. Same theory as chaps though; isn't indestructable but protects against accidental swipes and is extremely flexible.

I see a lot of cut lines from neglegence to accidental. I've also seen just about everything under the sun wrapped around hoses, including chaps, jackets, cardboard, flexible sewer pipe, duct tape, trash bags, ect. I suppose some will add protection but look like crap. The kevlar will protect hoses and keep your lift from looking like you shop at the land fill.

The lines, in my opinion, were put in a very bad spot and a few weeks back I cut a limb and as my saw finished the cut, a hanger fell and knocked it into a line. Right next to the bucket the hydraulic lines come up around my controls, then back to the boom, thus they are all exposed not far from where I'm making a lot of my cuts. I don't know it this was the original design, but I highly doubt it. Thanks for all the advice. Skywalker

Latest posts

Back