Hydronic heater and thermostat ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newmanab

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently purchased a used cb6048. Currently in process of hooking up. (early stages) A couple of question that have come about are:

1. Right now I have a heat pump with resistance back up for heat, does anybody make a thermostat that will easily do all 3 heat sources (woodburner) and my a/c? Or do I need to just bite the bullet and put a second thermostat in.:msp_mad:

2. My wood burner is wired on my generator subpannel, however fan on my forced air unit is not. Is there an easy way to do this. Generator only puts out 5,500 watts so I can't Put the whole heat pump on it.????

3. Looking for a decent hydronic heater for the garage? Does granger carry these? Links would be appreciated with feedback.

Thanks in advanced

#1 The separate t-stat would be the easiest , but i would unhook the heat strips , unless they kick in alot on your house. Use the owb as emergency heat as indicated on the stat. They do make 3 stage heat stats , unsure of cost.
#2 How much trouble to move the power to the air handler to the generator panel ? Yes it's doable but it may be cost prohbitive , i would try it but if your unsure talk to a local electrician.
#3 I would assume grainger carried , your local HVAC supply house can get them. Are you wanting forced air or a radiator ? Forced air will be what is commonly called an Apollo unit , this is a complete air handler set up for hot water for heat but it may be able to be ordered for no a/c coil.
#4 I have some knowledge this stuff , any more questions let me know. Termite

Back