I almost did it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerhead 5410

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Almost plowed out an area to split in front of next years 4 cord of white oak that has been cut and stacked since spring. Good stuff that was standing dead for 5 years when cut with a 30% mc at the bases. Took some will power I tell ya. That is gonna burn good in the stove next year. Problem I got is the CB is devouring wood at a rate of a cord every 2 weeks right now and I cut up and split my emergency nasty **s trunks of elm 2 weeks ago and am now out. Looks like I will be scrounging the creekline this weekend...

8965-1391475374-b9bb56e843d780cc10f359c1bc07e96c.jpg

* more weeks at least. That's a lot of scrounging period. Now it has to be dry and burnable. May have to raid the stacks and scrounge the same over the next 6 months.

I feel your pain. I smoked through the wood I had set aside for this winter and am burning through next winters stash.

By the way hammerhead that is an awesome room you've got there in your avatar.:clap::bowdown: I have one wall hanger and its proudly displayed in my closet.(per wife's instructions). :(

Jim. It took me 20 years and 6 kids to realize its not worth arguing with the wife. At least she doesn't bust my balls about my toys. Then again she only knows about a small percentage of them.:cool:

Couldn't resist that one. I know what it's like choosing your battles - I have 400 square feet of junk stored in my basement preventing the removal of the crap paneling and new sheetrock going up. None of it is mine. :cry:

Here are some good ones.

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
King David

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together.
Sasha Guitry

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy.
If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates

Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them.
Anonymous

The great question, which I have not been able to answer... is, "What does a woman want?"
Dumas

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Sigmund Freud

'Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.'
Red Skelton

'There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.'
Sam Kinison

'I've had bad luck with both my wives.
The first one left me, and the second one didn't.'
James Holt McGavra

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming.
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.
Patrick Murray

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once....
Nash

You know what I did before I married?
Anything I wanted to.
Anonymous

My wife and I were happy for twenty years.
Then we met.
Henny Youngman

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
Rodney Dangerfield

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'. Next day he received a hundred letters.
They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'
Anonymous

First Guy (proudly): 'My wife's an angel!'
Second Guy : 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'
Anonymous

I wasn't sure about it when I was doing the build, my wife insisted it went there. Now that its done, it really doesn't make a difference that I can see (feel). It is actually better, I think, while watching in my preferred position, horizontal on the couch!
:givebeer:

My FIL wants a big screen for the cabin, and there isn't enough room in the wall for what he wants to put there. So going up is really the only option unless we block off part of the view of the yard.

I think their row of seating is a bit further away. I'm pretty sure I don't have a pic or I'd show ya what we have to work with. There's a cubby about 18-20" deep and 8' tall by maybe 3' wide - that sticks out from the wall between two rows of doors and windows above them. It's the only support other than the vertical wall going straight up to the peak in the vaulted ceiling.

My MIL wants some kind of fireplace insert built into that and the tv mounted above. I don't think she's aware that putting a flue through that wall might be detrimental. I'd love to flog the builder, but it was done before my arrival. The doors aren't even meant for outside exposure, they're 3 season porch doors! They leak water in from being blasted with the prevailing winds off the freaking lake.

Back