I am in love

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I cannot believe that I looked at low end woodmizers that would have cost me more than this mill. I also cannot believe that woodmizer still has a hold on the market when Timberking is putting out mills as nice as this one.
Its a 2005 with 12 hrs on it.....I got it as a divorce sale and the lady said that they bought it new and ran it one day....then she took it to her dads for storage and he put a few hours on it just starting it once a month.... I wish I had something to cut.... I did see a couple of 4' pine logs in my woodpile I might throw on there today just for kicks. It only came with the two bands that came with it and i think they are just demo bands.....they are not set or sharp....Gotta order a couple of boxes of bands.... I can't afford a setter or sharpener so I am hopping that I can find somebody in the area to sharpen for me.....otherwise I will have to send them back to timberking.
My copilot on the trip up to get the mill:
100_0502.jpg

100_0506.jpg

100_0507.jpg

100_0505.jpg

Hey, my B20 has 7 levers, One of these days I'll figure out what thay do. Great mills, nice and simple. Easy to work on. Steve

What power options do you both have?? I'm guessing the one pictured has (obviously) power log load, power feed, and up/down for the blade height. what other options are there?? turner, multiple toe boards, hydraulic cams?? Wish I had one of those. I could make some money around here. Everyone's getting on the 'green building' kick. I talked to a tree guy the other day; if I could only afford a mill like that! Maybe when I'm done with school I'll start a business on the side.

My B20 has log loader, 2 toe board, power feed, hyd clamp, power up and down stops hyd turner, chain turner. The only thing I have to do by hand is raise and lower the clamp which will be changed to a linear actuator. Power is a 28hp Isuzu diesel which cuts almost twice as fast as the 27hp Kohler that was still runnig fine after 5000 hours. The diesel and uses a little over 1/2 gal a hour. Steve

Last edited:
Mine has just the basics. Its manual turn, mechanical log stops, manual dog. The hydraulics are the power feed, up/down, and the loader....(and before anybody says anything about the way the log arm is setting in the picture, I just set it there fopr the pic...I know that the ram is in the down possition and the log arm is up :)) I think they all have the electric clutch. I was amazed, I looked at two woodmizer lt40s in this price range and neither had a log loader or any hydraulics.... I would like the B20, but my cherokee couldn't pull it....this one will work for me as a starter mill for a few years....if I really like it maybe even longer. I am watching the green living market too....I am trying to get a space at the local green living expo here next month.

Mine has just the basics. Its manual turn, mechanical log stops, manual dog. The hydraulics are the power feed, up/down, and the loader....(and before anybody says anything about the way the log arm is setting in the picture, I just set it there fopr the pic...I know that the ram is in the down possition and the log arm is up :)) I think they all have the electric clutch. I was amazed, I looked at two woodmizer lt40s in this price range and neither had a log loader or any hydraulics.... I would like the B20, but my cherokee couldn't pull it....this one will work for me as a starter mill for a few years....if I really like it maybe even longer. I am watching the green living market too....I am trying to get a space at the local green living expo here next month.

The one thing I would try and add on would be a chain turner, they work great. The rest of the hydraulics are nice but sure could get by without them. Steve

I was thinking about that but with the manual dog it seems kinda pointless as I would still have to walk around to the side of the machine to back the dog off.... back to the controls to turn the log and back to the side to secure the dog. I think I am thinking this through right?

I was thinking that turning those 30" lumpy log would be no fun by hand. If you have a helper they can run the dog, if not a lot of walking. I turn the cants by hand quite a bit when they get smaller. Steve

Latest posts

Back