I blame you.... and thank you.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMAK

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
That I have CAD!!!!

Last year, roughly this time, I was looking to add saw #2. I even posted a few inquiries on here about it. I had an 026 that I was and still am very fond of, but for some reason I wanted a bigger saw.

Well that search led me to this site, and pouring over posts I learned quite a bit, I had no idea what CAD was and certainly wasn't worried about it.

Well, I did end up with a larger saw, a MS440 from out West, I thought I was done, what a good set up, 026 and 440, I can handle anything!

Then I came across a basket MS260... well, why not? Picked it up for $50... then a ProMac 1000, a MS290, another MS260, a Homelite 360, and so on...

In one years time... I went from 1 to 17! I've only sold 3, both MS260's and the MS290, all running, to my brothers. (We're kind of Stihl guys from the old man.)

At any rate, I blame each and everyone one of you for this, heck, I may even attend my first GTG!

I'm still a novice, and my main goal is to get each and every saw I come across running. So along with the blame, I want to thank you all that go to the trouble to share what you know with beginners like me.

Keep the cutters in the wood.

I buy saws thinking that I will flip them... :laugh:

When I do sell a saw, I usually lose money on the deal. :cry:

I don't even burn wood, but almost all my saws are ported! :chainsaw:

I hear you on the intent to flip! The only saws I've sold I did for only what I had into them, sort off passed along the good deal.

But at least I do burn wood for heat! :)

you have been hear a year, you know the rules. PICS or it didn't happen. You don't have to get the girls washed and dolled up for the pics just snap a few for us. We love saw **** around here.

Saws are the least expensive engine related hobby there is. And they take up the least room. And it's about the only thing that produces a useful byproduct; that being the firewood that you cut with them So, as long as you spend less on saws than you save on heat by burning wood, you're still coming out ahead and "saving money" from a certain perspective. You guys that don't burn wood though; you've got a little tougher time explaining this on the home front. LOL

:guitar:
That I have CAD!!!!

Last year, roughly this time, I was looking to add saw #2. I even posted a few inquiries on here about it. I had an 026 that I was and still am very fond of, but for some reason I wanted a bigger saw.

Well that search led me to this site, and pouring over posts I learned quite a bit, I had no idea what CAD was and certainly wasn't worried about it.

Well, I did end up with a larger saw, a MS440 from out West, I thought I was done, what a good set up, 026 and 440, I can handle anything!

Then I came across a basket MS260... well, why not? Picked it up for $50... then a ProMac 1000, a MS290, another MS260, a Homelite 360, and so on...

In one years time... I went from 1 to 17! I've only sold 3, both MS260's and the MS290, all running, to my brothers. (We're kind of Stihl guys from the old man.)

At any rate, I blame each and everyone one of you for this, heck, I may even attend my first GTG!

I'm still a novice, and my main goal is to get each and every saw I come across running. So along with the blame, I want to thank you all that go to the trouble to share what you know with beginners like me.

Keep the cutters in the wood.
:guitar:
:wtf: are you talking about? What is CAD?

This site didnt make me like saws more. I love running things os mass destruction. Say if there was an apocalypse of some sort the saw would be my first choice of protection. It will leave bigger holes than a s&w 500

I had only 1 saw for 20yrs. i still have it.
Now i go into the garage and i refuse to count the saws, a guess is between 9 and 12.

Buying a second saw of the same model you have as a spare just in case is a sign you have almost enough.

I'm itching for my next one let's just put it that way lol and thanks to this site two of my three are modded already. Never even crossed my mind before I came across AS. Both saws are completely different animals now and a real blast to run the ported one. Thank you all for a great site and top notch members, I love this site for that. No BS here.

I had only 1 saw for 20yrs. i still have it.
Now i go into the garage and i refuse to count the saws, a guess is between 9 and 12.

Buying a second saw of the same model you have as a spare just in case is a sign you have almost enough.

I remember when I only had 9-12 saws. If you think you are approaching "almost enough", you're only kidding yourself. :)

I guess that I am a bit unusual in that I already had a dozen saws when I found this site. Within a week I had bought 7 more off a fellow and had 6 running within an hour. It has been downhill ever since...

I am a total slacker, I only have nine that are mine personally and they are all stock (well, not ported or muffler modded anyways). I did buy an old McCullough two man bar at a farm sale last Friday for $7.50 so now I need to find a Mac to mount it on. Oh, and I bought a NOS 36" Homelite bar for $25.00 from a local repair shop so now I need a big Homelite for it also(looking for a clean SXL 925). That is how CAD works, right? You buy bars for peanuts and then have to get saws to match.

Joe

Back