I couldn't possibly have...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you can see good enough to type, you're good!

At least I can see well enough to work (but with eye strain and frequent breaks)...

It ain't looking good. Waiting for the stove to go out so I can sift the ashes because I'm running out of places to look.

My house isn't pristine, but it's far closer to clean then hoarder-worthy...I can't believe I haven't found them yet.

I didn't!

The side of my box spring has a small tear in it from the dogs.

Some how the glasses must slid off my comforter last night and made a pure lucky roll into the hole...since I had stripped the bed and put the mattress & box spring against the wall (seriously, I've been tearing the house apart looking for them), once I saw them with a flashlight, I had to cut a hole in the other side of the box spring to retrieve them!

Did you wear them to bed? Done that a few times myself:confused2:

Edit: guess you answered my question as I was asking it!

Well, losing your eyeglasses in the fire isn't completely unimaginable.

My grandmother had finished peeling vegetables on a piece of newspaper as she always did. She rolled it up and threw it into the kitchen wood range. Then she went to put her dentures back into her mouth and couldn't find them. You guessed it, she had removed her dentures from her mouth for some reason and put put them on the paper with the veg peelings and rolled the whole works up and then into the stove.

She rushed to the stove, and lifted the lid and managed to snag them from the fire just before they were ruined. There was a singed area on one plate which Grandpa managed to sand smooth. Haha! She continued to wear those fire scarred dentures until her death!

True story!

Bob

I was at the speedway and it was dusty

So when it was time to go home I loaded my camera bag into my truck and I have these wipes to clean my glasses so I so I used one

And then someone want one of the wipes that was in my camera bag so I placed my glasses on top of my truck I took my camera bag back out of the truck and gave him one

Then I loaded my camera bag back in my truck and took off

I got about a mile from the track and started looking for my glasses then remembered were they were

Stoped the truck and looked on top of the truck look in the bed and no glasses

Went back to the track and they were laughing there buns off

They told me my glasses fell off the top of the truck when I pulled out and the rear wheel took care of them :mad:

OP....glad you found your glasses!

I was working on my wood splitter which has full size tires on it. I didn't need to use the reading glasses so I set them on one of the tires.....and left them there....for a bit....then I had to move the splitter.....yep....they were flatter the next time I saw them!

My record, by the way, for one pair being lost within my house is five years.

For that I blame the dogs.

Got up from my easy chair, walked to kitchen, walked back, and gone.

Five years later I walk in the house one day, and in the middle of the living room rug are the lost glasses. Where they had kept them hidden in between, Dog only knows.

This time I was certain Oscar did not play a role, though he was a suspect in the last heist.

It's a little known fact that half of all charitable donations are from people placing items on top of their vehicle and driving away. It's true!

I've always wanted to put my coffee travel mug on top of my pickup (using that 3M releasing stuff used on wall hangers) and take off down a busy highway to see what kind of reaction I'd get. Probably would get a similar reaction like the time I was hauling a junk car on a flatbed truck and the door came open on the traveled side of the road. Everyone I met looked like this :msp_ohmy:

At least I can see well enough to work (but with eye strain and frequent breaks)...

It ain't looking good. Waiting for the stove to go out so I can sift the ashes because I'm running out of places to look.

My house isn't pristine, but it's far closer to clean then hoarder-worthy...I can't believe I haven't found them yet.

They are in your coat pocket.

glasses in the fire...it happens

I was burning brush one time, and a particularly unruly locust branch brought a buddy with him on his way to the flames...that buddy came right over my shoulder, snagged my glasses, and flipped em' slicker'n snot down into the coals...I lost some arm and moustache hair, but got em' back

had to resort to the BCGs while new lenses were ground...replaced the ear tips, and good to go

Cut my finger on a meat slicer once and went to the ER to make sure I didn't hit bone, In the x-ray room the technician asked me to take my wedding ring off since that was the hand that the x-ray was to be taken. So I take my ring off and wrap it with a paper towel and stuff it in my pocket, next day I get up go through my pockets and find this paper towel and proceed to throw it out thinking its garbage...

I'm really sorry Dal, but I laughed my arse off when I read this.

I can relate, I lost my glasses in all sorts of ways. I eventually got contacts though. Good move for an absent minded person such as myself.

"Honey where are my keys i cant find them".......wife:"There in your hand".....had my finger through the key ring with some other stuff in my hand too and couldnt feel them.

Ya and im 29, so that should make all the older gents feel better. Lost my glasses on top of my head too....

Back