I.D this Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErnieG

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what model this may be ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-050329.png
    Screenshot_20210919-050329.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20210919-052053.png
    Screenshot_20210919-052053.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
I wouldn't order anything from that seller. Their feedback is awful and lots of people not getting their stuff.

+1

They be selling stuff drug out of a landfill. Consistently denies knowing anything about chainsaws but sells saws almost exclusively.

Evilbay needs an ‘ignore seller’ feature for buyers.

Offhand that is a ‘C’ frame anywhere from 100-125 cc.

Muffler is very odd.

+1

They be selling stuff drug out of a landfill. Consistently denies knowing anything about chainsaws but sells saws almost exclusively.

Evilbay needs an ‘ignore seller’ feature for buyers.

Offhand that is a ‘C’ frame anywhere from 100-125 cc.

Muffler is very odd.
Yea I noticed that. They claim they know nothing about saws but almost only just sells saws. Their feedback is awful!

Yes, the generic term of “estate find” and “I know nothing” and “refer to pictures” covers their butts for selling...who knows what.
I’m sure folks have gotten some decent saws but it’s hit or miss. I tried getting info from them and basically got nothing so I walked away.

There has got to be some strange backstory on that seller and where they keep coming up with all the old saws. Yeah the same line of BS for every listing. They're either dragging them out of a recycling center, picking up off the side of the road, or who knows what.
You want my guess? This person is a sanitation worker, every "big trash" day they grab up the chainsaws.
Yes....there are people that throw these saws away. I have read stories about the kinds of things idiots have thrown out having no idea of their value.

There has got to be some strange backstory on that seller and where they keep coming up with all the old saws.
I bought a few saws from a guy who aquired all the parts saws from a closed small engine shop. He literally had hundreds of saws. He was selling off all the Macs for $15 each. I was new to collecting/fixing McCullochs and didn't know much about the different models at that time. I can only imagine what gems he may have had. Bet I'll never get an opportunity like that again.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

There is something strange about the rewind starter. [emoji848]

And, safe bet it didn’t look that good in the listing. [emoji6]
From what I remember , this is the Australian starter from what my father called it back in the day. We had To change I think flywheel and complete starter if it was anything more than a rope replacemen.

Ernie if the saw doesn't come with the recoil starter you might want to pass on it because the over running bearing starters are hard to come by and if you need the pulley or bearing it will cost you a lot. If you do get the recoil be careful with too much if any oil in the bearing because it will slip on the race. It happened to me on my C-91, I used grease in the bearing and it wouldn't "grab" properly until I cleaned it out with brake cleaner.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

Latest posts

Back