I didn't even ask for it...but I sure got it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello all,

Been awhile since I posted anything here but I do come in from time to time to look over the threads. This is still one of my favorite sites to read and learn from. So today while I was having lunch in the parking lot of a shopping plaza before heading back to work, I spotted an F350 pulling a dump trailer that had just pulled in as the driver was looking for a place to park. I saw what appeared to be a nice load of fresh cut oak in the trailer. So being the friendly fella that I am I figured I'd start a casual conversation with the driver after he'd finished his business at the bank he'd walked into. While I waited for him to come out I went over and checked out his load. Looked like white oak but I couldn't be sure. Anyway, I take a seat on a big landscape boulder and wait for him to come out and after about 10 minutes or so he did. I walk over to greet him as he gets to his truck and tell him that I was admiring his trailer load and the next words outta his mouth were "Do ya want it?" Kinda caught me off guard for a sec and then I said well sure. He then proceeded to tell me how he was about to take it to a dump site and that they'd likely end up charging him to offload it there too. I told him I'd be more than happy to take it and he offered to follow me home and dump it but I was only on my lunch break and had to go back to work. So then he said just give me an address where I can dump it so I gave him my address and when he saw that I was not very far away he agreed to take it to my place and dump it in the driveway close to the garage. I live in Ohio and I saw from the wording on his trailer that he hails from PA. He punched in my coordinates on his GPS and asked if I'd give him something towards his mileage which I'd have gladly done but I'd gotten into the habit of not carrying much in the way of currency on me. So not knowing if I'd see him again I asked for his info so I could show my appreciation of his kindness. I just got off the phone with him and it looks like he'll be back in the area this coming Tuesday and he'll have another load for me if I wanted it and that will give me a chance to give him something to show my thanks. The bottom line is...there are some still some very decent, honest, hardworking folks out there that are willing to do good deeds, and sometimes all that's needed is to start by saying hello. Don't mean to be so long winded in telling what really is a simple story but that's just the way I write. It was a hot day today, probably around 90 so I really appreciate this fella going out of his way to dump his trailer at my place. DSC00255.JPG DSC00256.JPG DSC00257.JPG I took a couple pics cuz I know folks like pics so enjoy and be nice to folks you don't know cuz ya never know what's in store from one minute to the next. Be well folks.

Great score!! Definitely a 'You Suck' kinda score, Lol. Good deal on him bringing another load as well.

Great score!! Definitely a 'You Suck' kinda score, Lol. Good deal on him bringing another load as well.
Hahaha, I hear ya! That fact that he's not from around here makes it a bit clearer that all he'd like to do is get rid of the wood without having to pay for dumping it. Besides, this way he'll get paid to dump it and I get a nice little pile for a nice little price. I had to wheel those big rounds to the back of the garage one at a time and you all know how heavy oak is:muscle:

Hahaha, I hear ya! That fact that he's not from around here makes it a bit clearer that all he'd like to do is get rid of the wood without having to pay for dumping it. Besides, this way he'll get paid to dump it and I get a nice little pile for a nice little price. I had to wheel those big rounds to the back of the garage one at a time and you all know how heavy oak is:muscle:
I'd tell him keep on bringing it, if oak/hardwoods, just give you a heads up call/text when he's gonna make a drop, if you're at work. Man you can't beat this deal. This is sweet. Invest in a good wheelbarrow or Gorilla cart, if ya ain't got one or two already...you'll be set. Only thing be missing is that Fiskars slicing through the air or the little splitter sounding off on some of the smaller stuff. Yep...this is a sucky situation you're in. Lol

Back