I hate to ask this way but hows this one look??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'd price corn first. With all this ethanol BS in the states corn is going to become an expensive commodity as more uses fight for the supply.

I'd price corn first. With all this ethanol BS in the states corn is going to become an expensive commodity as more uses fight for the supply.

ethanol....the biggest scam of the century. not only do you get lower milage, but ethanol has been the cause of increasing food prices.

ethanol....the biggest scam of the century. not only do you get lower milage, but ethanol has been the cause of increasing food prices.

Umm, Isn't ethanol only like .005% of this countries fuel right now. I think the increased food prices just might have something to do with the price of dino diesel being at $3.50 a stinkin' gallon.
Besides, wouldn't you rather get a few less miles a gallon and make farmers in the gool ol' US of A rich? Or would you rather keep sending your money to the camel jockeys?

But, anyway, I didn't get a look at the stove/boiler you posted ( firewall at work, no ebay ) But, if you think it will work why not go for it. It sounds like you need to do something, even if it is wrong...

Last edited:
"soybeans, wheat, sunflower seeds, oats, barley, cherry pits, olive pits",

My question here is why burn food?

Olive pits and Cherry pits sound good, if you live near a processor and can get them for free.

The beauty of wood heat is that you get your fuel for free.

Umm, Isn't ethanol only like .005% of this countries fuel right now. I think the increased food prices just might have something to do with the price of dino diesel being at $3.50 a stinkin' gallon.
Besides, wouldn't you rather get a few less miles a gallon and make farmers in the gool ol' US of A rich? Or would you rather keep sending your money to the camel jockeys?

not to derail from the OP, and maybe this should be discussed further in the "off topic" forum, but thinking that ethanol is making you even slightly less dependent on foreign oil is crazy.

also, the increase of food prices IS because farmers can get more per bushel of corn selling to a refinery than they can selling to kellog cereals. and, it is a FACT that this has caused food and corn-based food prices to rise.

in another forum, we had a major discussion on this subject and i can provide links to back up everything stated.

also, keep in mind that less than 20% of our oil comes from the middle east...contrary to what others may have told you. all that information is available on-line, even at government web sites.

also, as for being sympathetic to farmers, they get all my sympathy from the government when they receive millions upon millions in subsidies (my tax dollars) from the federal government.

Last edited:
not to derail from the OP, and maybe this should be discussed further in the "off topic" forum, but thinking that ethanol is making you even slightly less dependent on foreign oil is crazy.

So, I guess sugar cane would not either than.

Oh, wait, Brazil already proved that it will and does work. The are virtually crude oil free as far as fuel for their transportation needs.

Last edited:
Back