I Know Shipping Is Expensive...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
... but exactly how much do a couple of metering gauges weigh?

I was shopping around for the usual metering gauge two-pack (Walbro + Zama) as here they are dealership-only items and apparently not available from EU (or Asian) online sellers and I was literally astonished by the shipping rates: I would be looking to pay anything between $16 and $26.
This makes no sense as I just had some similarly sized items shipped from the US and shipping was much much less, so I take these gauges are made of lead, depleted uranium or some similarly dense material requiring a surcharge due to excessive weight.
What is going on here? Good old price gouging? The USPS setting rates at random?

PS: if somebody has these gaguges and can sell them to me at a reasonable rate, send a PM!

... but exactly how much do a couple of metering gauges weigh?

I was shopping around for the usual metering gauge two-pack (Walbro + Zama) as here they are dealership-only items and apparently not available from EU (or Asian) online sellers and I was literally astonished by the shipping rates: I would be looking to pay anything between $16 and $26.
This makes no sense as I just had some similarly sized items shipped from the US and shipping was much much less, so I take these gauges are made of lead, depleted uranium or some similarly dense material requiring a surcharge due to excessive weight.
What is going on here? Good old price gouging? The USPS setting rates at random?

PS: if somebody has these gaguges and can sell them to me at a reasonable rate, send a PM!
Shipping and "handling" is often a profit center for online sellers who hope they can suck you in with their low price and then hope you won't notice the exorbitant s+h. Like I have told a few other people, find someone in the states who you trust and ship them everything you may need and have them repackage and ship it to you in one package.

Can't get them on Ebay there?

I've been on the lookout for months and still no luck. I've also hoped our Chinese friends would clone these gauges but so far they have failed me.

Shipping and "handling" is often a profit center for online sellers who hope they can suck you in with their low price and then hope you won't notice the exorbitant s+h. Like I have told a few other people, find someone in the states who you trust and ship them everything you may need and have them repackage and ship it to you in one package.

I have an account with a Japanese shipping company that works exactly like that: stuff gets sent to their warehouse and I can choose to either have it sent to me right away or wait for more orders to turn up. But shipping from Japan is also ridiculously cheap, especially considering how fast it is. Japan Post is probably losing a pile of money with every parcel they send.
It's strange nobody in the US offers the same services...

I used to buy/sell a few odds& sods on Ebay about a year back I got an Email asking if I wanted to sign up to their Gobal S&H deal you pack the pacel & they then collect & deliver saves visits to the PO etc but the charges are horrendous you cantell if they are signed up as if it is a out of country sale it says customs charges quoted/paid I decline & was made to feel like a second class customer so I gave up dealing with Ebay

You can find rates on usps.com. i do it all the time. Just need addresses weights and dimensions, dates and times.

Latest posts

Back