I may just be a long winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zogger, look at it this way. I never even started my big 2-stage snow thrower last year. It was almost dry as a bone and just a little colder than normal. This year I expect a bunch of white stuff. Things average out.

In your defense, I do not ever recall burning wood for heat in Omaha during the second week in September.

Well......I did it too. Woke up way too early and it felt cold (65) , so I rounded up the fire makin goods and lit the stove. September 13th is a new record early for me. It was 36F on Friday morning at 5:30. Crazy:dizzy:

Well......I did it too. Woke up way too early and it felt cold (65) , so I rounded up the fire makin goods and lit the stove. September 13th is a new record early for me. It was 36F on Friday morning at 5:30. Crazy:dizzy:
at 5 bells here,,it was 31 degrees!!! this is September for crypes sake...........just to warm up a bit,,on went the burners on the gas stove..........

According to the woolly buggers and Mountain Ash berries it's looking like a cold dry winter with no snow cover at Christmas.

you seem to be complaining an awful lot lately...
im pretty sure you said a while back that you would never start burning before sometime around Halloween, no matter how cold it got...what happened to that??

53 degrees in the house on Sunday morning. Fired up the propane for a little while.

This drizzle/overcast/high winds/ cold temps cycle of crap has to let up at some point.

you seem to be complaining an awful lot lately...
im pretty sure you said a while back that you would never start burning b.efore sometime around Halloween, no matter how cold it got...what happened to that??
Pretty sure his wife said get the stove going.lol and he jumped right on it

We had our first fire Sunday morning. It dropped to 41 overnight and the house was 68 in the morning. I hooked the flue pipe back up, lit a fire with some junk wood and it felt good! A couple hours later it burned out and the house was warm.

Latest posts

Back