I need a rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've got a 4700 with a 24' box, and I love it. It's great, and has all but paid for itself over the past 6 months. It now has 240k on it and never skips a beat. other than the 8 gal. oil changes its not bad on maitenance costs either, only thing I've done is normal maintenance, some brake work, and an idler/tensioner assembly. Those 466's kick a$$, I really want a crewcab for my dump though, guess I'll just throw chips until I find the right dump. I'm driving to Memphis tomorrow in the am. to get my chipper, I can't wait, no more brush piling. Just under a thousand miles round trip, so it will take ALL day to get it.

Does your 4700 have a 24' chip box on it? That seems a bit large for a 4700. I really want a 4900 with the 466 and an Allison automatic. I'm looking for one now. If anyone comes across a clean one let me know. I want to get rid of one of my loadstars. All I'm really looking for is a cab and chassis. I'll use the hoist off my old truck and I build my own boxes.

nah, it's just a regular box truck. I do some light local hauling for a company my father owns, as well as a few others here in town. A decent way to make a few extra bucks. Mine is a 4700 with the dt466e and the 6+1 manual trans. I don't really get what the 4700 vs. 4900 tells you because as far as I understand it you can get a 4700 or a 4900 spec'd exactly the same?? Either way, 24' of chips would be way to much for me, the truck is a 26k with springs and wet brakes. I'd be interested in seeing any chip boxes you've built if you have any pics available. I was gone all day today, left at 4 this morning and just got back at 10 tonight, I went from KC down to Memphis and back to pick up the 99 vermeer bc1250a I just bought for $7000. 912 miles was a lot for a day. Who on here has been through one of these chippers?? I'm gonna have a lot of questions...
thanks

bottlefed89 said:
Who on here has been through one of these chippers?? I'm gonna have a lot of questions...
thanks

Sorry, I doubt that anyone that's been THROUGH one will be able to answer.

Now... I OWN one, so I may be of some help... :laugh:

Ok, guess I didn't have the best choice of words on that.. netree, I PM'd you to avoid getting this thread off topic.
thanks
greg

Back