I Need Help Pls?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i recently started working for a small engine repair shop local to me and for the life me i can figure out how to get to the carb i can se it but cant get the side cover off to rebuild the carb all i can figure is to split the side of the case but that meens splitting the fuel tank to get to it and also having to replace the tank seal.

is there a better way than this? this is the first time i have worked on an older top handle saw.

The mystery screw is accessed from the muffler side of the saw. It's located just forward of the muffler and toward the bottom of the saw. The tank and the cylinder cover will come off as a unit.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
sweet. now if people would just stop trying to give me cheap plastic poulans now, I'd be in great shape.

I would have figured the saw you're talking about was a Homelite top handle saw of some sort.

Last edited:
Those 020 carbs

Disclaimers first.. I'm no expert on any of the saws. However, I did a bunch of searching on the site regarding carb rebuilds recently. You might do the same... it seems those 020 carb give some people fits. There was some really helpful advice passed around, though. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back