I saw this chipper attachment... i'm in awe! does it works like advertised?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre-Luc Boisvert

Reaction score
Hi people! I saw this video :

I wonder it they showed it in ideal conditions, or is it just a very good brushcutter?

Please tell me the pros and cons of this baby!

Thanks everyone!

Hello Pierre-Luc Boisvert: Don't know anything about that, but it is awesome. Years ago the Gas Drillers came in and built a pad for their Rig on my ranch. They dozed up all the trees, and left them piled. I still have a few that haven't decomposed yet. A machine like that could have been useful.

Very common attachment. It is a forestry mulcher, mounted on an excavator. You can get the same basic attachment for use on skidsteers, wheel loaders, track loaders, and dedicated forestry mulcher machines, both tracked or wheeled.
I have run one many times and probably cleared over 1500 acres with a dedicated mulcher on tracks.
The excavator model is very popular for railroad right of way clearing and highway roadside clearing.
Jeff

Yep they work that good. A friend of mine has a mulching head on a Kobelco blade runner. IIRC it has a 35' reach. I may have a pic somewhere that shows what happens when you crowd the boom too much and try mulching the blade. The blade lost.

It is an expensive machine to run, especially if the terrain has hard rocks. Also the head is heavy so care has to be taken when goingdownhill.

Latest posts

Back