I want to see the mills of 2010, post them up...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Whether they are homemade or store bought let's see 'em. From what I have read on here over the last year there have been some good ones.

Last edited:
Run of the 'mill' granberg alaskan MKIII.

well seasoned husky 394xp

with 33" bar, dawgs still on:
View attachment 162446

and with 42" bar, no dawgs:
View attachment 162445

also getting by with a BobL style shop made cant hook and a couple sets of "log horses" (second pic) I copied from someone on this site.

over the winter i'm trying to come up with a simple design for a shop made mini mill with the saw bar running vertically to help with quarter sawing and edging.

looking forward to seeing some of the homebrew mills on here.

Heres a couple set ups I use

088 carriage mill
attachment.php

088 Alaskan type
attachment.php

365 Alaskan type
attachment.php

over the winter i'm trying to come up with a simple design for a shop made mini mill with the saw bar running vertically to help with quarter sawing and edging.[\quote Here is one I just finished building. [IMG said:
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=162459&stc=1&d=1292655263[/IMG]

attachment.php

Here is the complete build.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=158004

jerry-

Last edited:
Looks great guys. I tried to post mine up but we have been having computer issues, I am just putting a new computer in today and testing it out. When I am done with the setup, I will post pics later.

Here's my new one as of early October. It has a bolt on axle (not shown) and bed extension. Since the picture I have welded on RV jacks to the corners for leveling & stabilizing so I don't have to remove the axle and so it's easy when I do remove the axle. I'm loving it.

NEWMILL001.jpg

You guys arent helping me. Thoughts of selling the 880 were going through my head, but now I want to fix it and make a CSM. Really would like a bandsaw or ol circle mill, but the CSM would be cheaper initially.

I could justify it by saying I can make fresh cants for GTGs :D

You guys arent helping me. Thoughts of selling the 880 were going through my head, but now I want to fix it and make a CSM. Really would like a bandsaw or ol circle mill, but the CSM would be cheaper initially.

I could justify it by saying I can make fresh cants for GTGs :D

Would you sell one of your kids if they had a broken leg? No, you wouldn't, that would be wrong. Try the milling, before you know it you won't be able to stop. It's just as bad as CAD.

OK, here's mine,

orig.jpg

It's been a great mill, it just keeps on, keeping on! lol

Rob

My Son In Law "T"'s Mill

attachment.php

Seen here milling some Cottonwood cants prior to the 2010 PNW GTG.
He's been milling a lot of wood with that mill. Selling some and storing some for a remodel......Bob

I agree, it looks like a railomatic clone?

It is, thanks to him and you! (I hope that's OK Rail)

You helped me Bob when I asked what Rail's "knobs" were. Maybe you even re-posted his pics? That was great.

The rails are actually from an overhead track system for a photography studio lighting system being scrapped out at work some time back. Spent some time pondering a rail system before I even remembered I had them! They seem too ideal..

I have a couple of dimension questions regarding the WoodBug Mill in another thread too for anybody that is familiar with them. I want to make one for myself. Chime in over there anybody, I need the help!

Never milled before. But I do have a 372XP at least. For this railmill, I have a 24 inch bar and 2 loops of ripping chain (10 deg top angle). I'll start here. Going to read up on sharpening

Can't wait to try this stuff out.

Great forum! Thanks all...

Back